FG Spreadshirt Swag

Torches and Effects

As the GM, I cannot find a way to turn off the Torch effect on the combat tracker. I've tried unequipping a torch but that does not turn it off, even worse however, when I equip the torch again the combat tracker just has another effect added on top of the effects already there. So the question is, how do I turn off an [now everburning] torch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draykor View Post
    As the GM, I cannot find a way to turn off the Torch effect on the combat tracker. I've tried unequipping a torch but that does not turn it off, even worse however, when I equip the torch again the combat tracker just has another effect added on top of the effects already there. So the question is, how do I turn off an [now everburning] torch?
    Click where it says "on" for the effect on the combat tracker.

That doesn't work. Cannot manipulate the effect at all as GM, including deleting.

You must be using a ruleset or extension that automatically adds an effect to the combat tracker when equipping items. This is not part of the standard ruleset functionality. It looks like whatever extension it is, it is not removing the effect when the item is unequipped.

To remove the lighting, you will need to manually delete the effect entries on the combat tracker actor.

Regards,
    JPG

Just checked my extensions and yep, I have Remove Effect installed. Hadn't even crossed my mind since I just turn it on without even realizing anymore.

Thank you, sorry to bother

Effects being applied as part of the PFRPG2 ruleset is standard functionality - if the effects are programmed as per the PC Automation, detailed here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ure+Automation

The issue with effects not getting removed and re-applied when an item with effect automation is unequipped and then re-equipped (the example here being a torch) was reported directly to me last week, but I haven't had a chance to look at it until today.

I'll investigate and provide feedback, and hopefully a fix, soon...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The issue was caused by some code being mistakenly commented out as part of recent updates.

Additionally, the reason why the effect couldn't be removed from the CT is because the effect is a PC effect, not a CT effect.

Referring to the screenshot below:
    1) You can tell this is a PC effect by the buttons being greyed out, and there's no delete option to the right of the effect. PC effects are maintained in the PC Combat tab -> Character Effects section.
    2) The GM can control if PC effects are shown by clicking the "PC" button in the combat tracker.

I'll get a fix in the next update. In the meantime, you can delete unwanted PC effects from the PC Combat tab.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This should be fixed with the update today: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...arch-26th-2024

Thread Information