Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yep, that was the error I got too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

New week, same problem.

I was wrong. This one is worse.

Now it complains about not being able find fgupdaterengine.exe. So I have copied that and all of data and folders that it needs. This is a couple of steps in the wrong direction.

And after I copied every thing over, it deleted it and complained that it is missed. Which now leaves my install broken.

I saw this on a number of new installs. I think that the updater is launching without admin privileges on first launch (I don't remember seeing the UAC window) although I know at least one person who this didn't happen to so there must be more to it.
    Perhaps a new installer exe that includes the latest version of the launcher?

So I downloaded the web installer - same error message.

Decide to uninstall it and start fresh - same error message. It is pretty much broken. If anyone knows the steps for a manual uninstall, that'd be handy about now.

UPDATE: Deleted the uninstall keys from the registry and then the files and folders in c:\programs files\smiteworks. That appears to have gotten it cleaned out.

Last edited by Topdecker; March 21st, 2020 at 23:15.

I have the same issue when clicking on "SETTINGS" button.
    Fresh installation of FGU (ultimate), never had FG before

[4/25/2020 7:26:05 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-23)
    [4/25/2020 7:26:05 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/25/2020 7:26:07 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Users/Philippe/Desktop/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

Taka

for info, I resolved the issue by changing the properties of the shortcut on the desktop: the "start in" location was empty, and program was trying to find files in same location as the shortcut.
    After putting the full path where the *exe is located, errors does not occur anymore.

Happy DDing,
    Taka

Blog Entries
    The updater should not be looking on your desktop. Did you change the installation location?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The updater application does not, but the main Fantasy ground application itself does: the desktop shortcut does not have a "start in" location, so it stays in current location (ie, desktop).
    (I sent some screenshot by mail to support)
    Manually fixing the shortcut to fill in the "Start in" field resolved the issue.

No idea why shortcut was created that way in my case, though.

Thread Information