5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Live Session Play Test Summary

Yesterday we were a couple players short so we decided to try running our first FGU session. We figured with fewer people small hiccups would likely have less impact on things. We tried to run the session just as we would our FGC campaign. In general it was a huge success and we ran for almost 5 hours mostly problem free. Here is a summary of the session.

Game System: 5E
    Module: Curse of Strahd - Specifically Death House
    Extensions: Roll for Initiative, Combat Enhancer, Weapon Handling, and CoS FGU Theme
    Voice: Discord
    Connection Method: Direct IP connection forwarded to Port 1802 (we've never had an issue with this so we didn't change)

I was the GM running an ultimate license on a Lenovo Yoga 530 Laptop (i5, 8 GB Ram) running Windows 10
    3 Players running demo licenses (1 ancient PC running windows 10, 1 newer PC running windows 10, one old Mac not sure what version of OS)

We started the session by having the players download and install FGU. All were able to install with no issues. The ancient PC used the previous version of the installer and it worked fine. They also downloaded the extension files and placed them in the extensions directory on their local machines. Again, no issues encountered in that process.

Everyone was able to connect on their first try and the download of relevant modules seemed faster than in FGC.

We ran the session with really no major problems. Just a few quirks here and there.
    - Occasionally my screen would freeze momentarily but would recover after 10-15 seconds. Seemed to happen randomly, so I'm not sure if the payers were doing something on the client side.
    - A couple instances of dice freezing but a re-roll seemed to resolve that
    - The player on the ancient PC side said that some items he placed on his hot keys would randomly disappear and reappear
    - A few instances of client error messages came up but did not "break" anything. I suspect these were related to extensions and will investigate further next session. I had no errors on my side during the session.
    - One player was running two characters, and said that the portraits in the upper left stacked on top of each other.

Death House Map Quirks
    - The Death House map has a flaw in the LoS mapping in room 31 that allows players to move outside the basement
    - The doors to Rose and Thorns crypt (23E & 23F) allow the players in, but not out

Other than that the session was just a normal session for us. The players loved the LoS and being able to use arrow keys to move.
    Last edited by DJL73; February 24th, 2020 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by DJL73 View Post
    Death House Map Quirks
    - The Death House map has a flaw in the LoS mapping in room 31 that allows players to move outside the basement
    - The doors to Rose and Thorns crypt (23E & 23F) allow the players in, but not out
    I would post these in the "FGU Sharing LOS Definitions for Maps - Crowd Project" thread so Zacchaeus sees it. I've posted several Curse of Strahd corrections there as well.

How did you get your license key to work?

I have an ultimate key, but am told that it is invalid in FGU.

It's my FGU license key from the Kickstarter campaign backing. If you are trying to use your FGC license key that will not work.

@DJL73,

Thanks for the review of your session.

In the future, if you give it a go and the clients get errors, please have them click the Copy button in the error console, and send to you to provide feedback.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    I would post these in the "FGU Sharing LOS Definitions for Maps - Crowd Project" thread so Zacchaeus sees it. I've posted several Curse of Strahd corrections there as well.
    Zacchaeus has already seen this and fixed the problems.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well there you go He's eeeeeverywhere.

Thread Information