5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Interest Check: VGT/VTA Based Online Convention

An idea popped up on our forum and thus I am wondering what the community's response to this is. Would you like to see us put together a small, maybe 2 or 3 days) online convention? I would say showcasing FG, MT, BG and any other VTA that would like in on this and whatever games people would like to run. I already have a few people on board to either run games or willing to be interviewed for podcasts.

We would need a bunch of GM/DMs to sign up to run some one-shot adventures and then the player base to support those games. Since this would be a small, and just getting off the ground sort of thing, I don't know where this could lead or if we could get sponsors or anything, but we will see what the response is.

SO, that said, would anyone be interested in seeing this happen? I know there was one a few years ago, I did not participate in it nor do I know how well it went over, but as far as I know this would be the first VTA based online convention. I figure if we could get a few good people together for this first, work out some of the kinks, perhaps we could make it an annual thing.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Snikle; December 9th, 2006 at 20:09.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Real life depending, I'd be willing to play in a few games. Maybe I can finally get into one with Ilwan.

rv

Itae Orcae...

Yes. Count me in, I would love to GM for something like this...
    *considers what systems to run*

Have a semi-finished ArsMagica module...
    And might be able to slap up something for Gurps... I know a VERY nice nasty and dark adventure set under WW II for that which works wonders in scaring people.

If I am finished or... closer to finished, I might even voulenteer to run a D6 StarWars variant.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I'd love to play ArsMagica so I can figure out how the heck to build and play my character in that play by post thing we are growning.

rv

Well, I have to say that everyone that I have spoken to about this has had nothing but very enthusiastic responses to this. So at this point I am very interested in trying to set this up, I am still working on getting some key people involved in this, but at the moment, things are sure looking promising.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

I would definitely be interested in this as well. Depending on RL commitments I would be willing to help out anyway I could.

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    I'd love to play ArsMagica so I can figure out how the heck to build and play my character in that play by post thing we are growning.

rv
    Tell ya what... I will be at home most of the day today (Except for the next three hours or so. Speaking 07:00 to 10:00 at GreenWich Meridean Time +1)

Will leave a server up for ArsMagica at "good dice huge roll" (Yes, I had to refresh QUITE a few times to get that one. )

If I see yer in, I will help you create your char in 5th ed.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I'm up for running something - I kinda fancy something different: Imperium Romanum or SciFi or Japanese.

I have really gotten some good vibes from others on this, and am working on laying the foundation and structure for this.

If you have ideas, thought on how to make this better, what you would like to see etc, please post either here, or here:
    https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/com...read.php?t=763
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Just a quick update on this. iCon is definitely going to happen. From the feedback I have gotten from others in the industry is amazing and we have people signing up to do interviews, demonstrations, prizes, contests and run games.
    We should have an official release, as well as projected events soon.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Thread Information