DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issue With Manual Dice Rolls

I don't know where this belongs, because I'm not sure the source of this bug.

If a monster uses a spell (from its spells tab) with a saving throw on a PC who is owned by a currently-connected client, the saving throw will not let you manually roll it, regardless of the "manual rolls" setting. If you use the spell on a PC owned by the server or owned by a client that isn't currently connected, the manual dice prompt will come up normally. If you target both types of PCs in one go, the first kind will resolve the roll automatically, and the second kind will pop up manual dice prompts.

The specific circumstance I am using to cause the bug is (Age of Ashes minor spoiler): A Spawn of Dahak from book 2 of Age of Ashes using its breath weapon.

Blog Entries
    I may be misunderstanding what is going on here.
    If you set Manual Rolls on the GM client it only affects rolls that the GM would make.
    If the player does not have Manual Rolls turned on they will still have normal FG rolls happening.
    The player will also need to set that option in their client.

The part that doesn't make sense to me is that, for example, I can roll that player's attack rolls just fine - if I drag an attack from a player to a monster it brings up the manual rolls popup. And I can manually trigger saving throws, too, and that works. It seems like the only time I don't get the popup is if the player is saving against a monster spell.

Turning on manual rolls on the client is a less than ideal solution with our setup, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Thread Information