5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

player can't take control of another character

Player receives the attached errors when taking control of a 2nd character and when releasing said character - also for the player, the two character portraits are on top of each other.

Error when trying to take more than one character.png

EDIT: this seems to happen during Pathfinder 1e w/ dungeon theme
    I switched to Pathfinder official them and seemed to not get errors.

EDIT again: Also, all players can't see anyone else's portrait in the top left of the screen

EDIT: Also players can't change their language in chat.

EDIT: Crashed and upon reloading, his character's are sitting on top of each other again.
    Last edited by Copernicus219; February 16th, 2020 at 20:06.

Can you tell us for what ruleset you are having the problem with.

And does this happen in a new campaign without any extension?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    To clarify, are you saying that in a new PF 1E campaign with the dungeon theme you have the following problems?
    - When players take control of a second character or release it, they get an error.
    - When a player control of a second character, te portraits stack on top of each other.
    - Players can not change the chat language.

But this does not repeat in a PF 1E campaign with the default theme?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We thought it was the theme, because I switched from the dungeon theme to the official pathfinder theme and he was able to take control of the character and the portraits weren't on top of each other. But after a bunch of crashes, I tried different themes and then the character portraits were on top of each other. So I guess it was a fluke it worked the one time and had nothing to do with themes. So most of the time portraits are on top of each other when players try to have two characters.

Switching languages also was not working no matter the theme, they just didn't have the drop down arrow - i did, but the players didn't.

So yes, all these problems are happening most likely independent of themes - I can't say for sure at this point.
    Last edited by Copernicus219; February 16th, 2020 at 20:38.

Also having these same issues running 5E ruleset with no theme.

In addition, data will randomly be missing from any given window.
    IE: Traits on a character sheet will not display, close the window and reopen and they may be there, maybe not.
    Equipment list will be empty, etc.

Another issue: DM makes a change on player character sheet, player may not see this change or vice versa.
    Another issue: When entering a location of an item in inventory, it leaves behind a blank line after resorting the inventory.

@Copernicus219,
    I'm not able to recreate the overlapping portrait issue; but I was able to recreate the missing languages in the chat window combo box for languages.

If you can make sure that everyone is updated to the latest version, that will help make sure that there are no issues with disparate versions. Also, if you still see the issue, can you recreate locally when connecting to your own table using a second instance of FGU? Any information you can give me on exact steps. And I might need a copy of campaign with any steps to recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG

@Bragalus,

When reporting issues, please start a new thread unless it is exactly the same. When you append a bunch of smaller items in a thread for another topic, they can easily get lost and make it harder for me to track.

Any items created in a list will appear on other machines as a blank line until the user entering the text exits that field. Many lists in character sheets are set to delay database updates until focus is lost to prevent sorting from occurring until data entry complete.

Currently, the inventory page is set up to create a new item if you press the Enter key on any field in the inventory list. This seems to be what you are referring to. I've been considering removing this behavior, but it usually doesn't come up too often, since most people use drag and drop or list buttons to edit items.

Also, there are some known issues with nested list scrolling, especially on Actions tabs.

If you feel that there are still issues other than these behaviors, then please start a new thread with as much detail as possible to recreate.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Currently, the inventory page is set up to create a new item if you press the Enter key on any field in the inventory list. This seems to be what you are referring to. I've been considering removing this behavior, but it usually doesn't come up too often, since most people use drag and drop or list buttons to edit items.
    FYI, this behavior can take a bit to get used to, but now that I'm used to it I really appreciate it / like it in those rare cases where I am freely creating many items that just need a name and no further details. If it matters, I vote to keep it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, that's why it's still in there. However, it is problematic from a support perspective, and has a limited area where it shines. Thinking to make the "add" button a little more accessible instead (in all locations).

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Copernicus219,
    I'm not able to recreate the overlapping portrait issue; but I was able to recreate the missing languages in the chat window combo box for languages.

If you can make sure that everyone is updated to the latest version, that will help make sure that there are no issues with disparate versions. Also, if you still see the issue, can you recreate locally when connecting to your own table using a second instance of FGU? Any information you can give me on exact steps. And I might need a copy of campaign with any steps to recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG
    I do ask everyone to make sure they have checked updates before joining.
    I tried creating a second instance of FGU, but I receive the below message:
    2NDinstance.jpg

Thread Information