STAR TREK 2d20

[FEATURE ?] Drag mouse on an image move the window and not the image.

In most applications, you can navigate onto an image by dragging your mouse or with scroll bars (thing you can do with the arrow keys).

In FGU, when you drag the mouse into an image, you move the window. Is it possible for FGU to act like that or to add scroll bars ?
    ---
    Fantasy Cartographer
    Instragram : @chris.rpgmapsArtstationYoutubeDeviantArtFacebook

Composer
    Torone's websiteYoutube channel

Photographer
    Et Des Images

Blog Entries
    FGU behavior is the same as FGC. See here for the details; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia.../Basic+Actions

Note that FG does not put scroll bars in windows, it saves space.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can pan (i.e. scroll) the image by one of these options:
    * Left click and drag on the navigation icon in the lower right corner of the image;
    * Middle click and drag anywhere on map.
    * Click on image when no tokens are selected, and use arrow keys.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You can pan (i.e. scroll) the image by one of these options:
    * Left click and drag on the navigation icon in the lower right corner of the image;
    * Middle click and drag anywhere on map.
    * Click on image when no tokens are selected, and use arrow keys.

Regards,
    JPG
    I think that point of the Chris's post was expected behaviour of the app as a good citizen in the ecosystem, not his inability to perform an action. Non-standard actions are problematic particularly on the macOS if you have a mouse without third button, or you are using trackpad. Gestures are poorly implemented also.

Blog Entries
    Ah, well it's tough to change the UI behavior for an existing program. Because all the existing users will want the UI to behave the same way they have learned it.

But, it's not impossible. Their might be a suggestion like this on the wishlist. I would add it there so that it doesn't get lost in the forums, and people can vote on it. At this point, anything that is an enhancement or change in behavior is not on the list to be implemented or changed. As can be seen, the devs pretty much have their hands full just getting done what they have promised as quickly as they can

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I agree, those are not bugs but rather some user experience enhancements. I hope that once Unity version is stable enough, we will see progress on that side also. As a macOS user I really appreciate even small efforts they put on improving our lives. They already improved keyboard modifiers, I really hope they will support high DPI monitors in the future. Trackpad support will be much appreciated also

Thread Information