Starfinder Playlist

Feature Request: Cloud / Lobby Control Panel

Functions:
    Clear / Reset a Cloud Server
    Change Cloud Server settings
    List / Ban Players - see connection status etc
    Last edited by Fargen; February 15th, 2020 at 15:36.

For the first one what do you mean? You can delete servers you have joined in the top panel, and once you finish a session the cloud server will go away. And what do you mean by reset a cloud server?
    When you click join game you see a list of servers so I'm not sure what you mean by list servers. What settings do you think are needed beyond that which is already shown?
    Players won't appear anywhere except in a game they have joined. What do you mean by see connection status?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is more for GMs. A reoccurring issue myself and others have experienced is hung servers. You get disconnected due to internet connectivity and when you come back your server is still listed in the cloud list and you can not rehost it until it clears / removes on it's own. Some have had to post and wait for this to be fixed by someone.

Being able to push button on reseting any hosted cloud servers you have would be great and make resolving issues like this self-serve.

Removed List / Relist cloud server as that is a bit redundant to Clear / Reset a cloud server. Basically the ability to clear any server of yours that is listed and re-host it - without having to relaunch.
    I for example had an issue where I hosted a game, but it was not listing in the cloud list. Pushing button to relist the server (clearing any previous sessions) would be great as my campaign was already loaded but was just not showing up.

Listing players would be a diagnostic view of seeing the connection state of a player to the cloud server and your campaign (connection state, latency (ping), bandwidth used (maps - etc))
    This could help show who has connected but not yet loaded their character, troubleshoot connections or other issues with game play.

The issue with servers not clearing when you exit unexpectedly has I think been resolved - at least I think it was with the new networking. But I'm not sure that it is completely solved. The way it should work is that servers should be removed automatically so I think once that is operating correctly (if it isn't already) it will solve your issue.

I'm not sure that there will ever be an ability to remove or relist a server without relaunching the client; since launching the client is pretty much essential to having the server listed in the first place (and once Unity launches you can't see the server list anyway). If the server could be cleared without relaunching I think that would also disconnect you and you would have to relaunch to reconnect. I'm not sure why a server wouldn't show up if the game was set to public. If set to private of course it won't be listed and players would need to join by DM name and IP address.

I agree with you that some information on the state of play as far as players connected is concerned would be useful - even in Classic. Players are often in game but still downloading stuff well after they have joined and other than looking at the task manager and monitoring who is getting stuff and who isn't there isn't a convenient way to know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The cloud servers is not resolved. For example I'm trying to test a game right now, I start the game 'Cloud', Server List 'Public' and it's not showing up. It did once, but not the first time I tried, or any tries right now.
    Yet the campaign loads as if the server was created. It takes a long time to load the campaign (2-4 minutes), so closing everything down to try to get the cloud server to show up is very annoying.
    A small pop-up control panel that would allow the GM to control the cloud server would be useful here. Perhaps they have the server up and want to delist it, it's not showing up, or the server is now hung because of a disconnect.
    To many reasons why something like this would be useful.

@Fargen,

The issue with the cloud server has been resolved; because we don't use cloud servers anymore. Instead, the new network library uses a matchmaking server where servers are registered when they are started by GMs, and removed when GM closes their session (or the network connection terminates). There are also relay servers which facilitate connections between two machines that can't talk to each other directly; but again, they immediately close in either side terminates the connection.

As for the server not appearing in list, my guess is that you are running a Free version (in which case, you are not allowed to host a networked campaign). If that's not the case, I'd need more information.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information