Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Hey guys, Ryan here.
    I've been trying to investigate this issue, but I've only got theories about the issue at the moment.

Could someone who's had trouble with the current FGUWebInstall.exe please try running FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and check for a log in your data folder and send it along?
    Default location is C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine.log

It may be useful if you attach the log in the Program folder for me as well
    Default there is C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe

Thanks for your help folks, trying to sort this out for you.

--Ryan--

I just pushed another version of the installer that Ryan provided to the standard installer link:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe

If any of you that encountered issues before with the installer could give it another try for us, we'd appreciate it, so we can make sure we get things squared away long term.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just pushed another version of the installer that Ryan provided to the standard installer link:

If any of you that encountered issues before with the installer could give it another try for us, we'd appreciate it, so we can make sure we get things squared away long term.
    This installer worked for me - although the FG Updater didn't launch at the end, so I just ran it manually from the program files folder

Previous installer worked for me and is updating now, log in successful and its downloading my purchases!

I am Super Excited!

Thank you Moon Wizard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redeyesofnight View Post
    Hey guys, Ryan here.
    I've been trying to investigate this issue, but I've only got theories about the issue at the moment.

Could someone who's had trouble with the current FGUWebInstall.exe please try running FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and check for a log in your data folder and send it along?
    Default location is C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine.log

It may be useful if you attach the log in the Program folder for me as well
    Default there is C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe

Thanks for your help folks, trying to sort this out for you.

--Ryan--
    Just been trying to install FGU on a laptop using the installer linked in the sticky- ran into exactly the same issues as the rest of you. I already had a copy of FGU successfully installed on my main desktop PC which must have used the previous installer. I can also confirm that reverting to the old installer link from this thread allowed me to get FGU installed and linked to my account successfully on this laptop now thanks so definitely an issue with the installer not the PC.

In terms of fixing the new installer, I have attached the log file present in the program directory referenced above, but there is no log file being created by the defective installer in the data folder. I should mention am running Win 10 Home 64bit. The first time I ran the non-functioning installer I did get a windows notification to run an app crashing troubleshooter. This reported my temp internet folder was not in the default location and advised me to reset it to the default. I did this but it did not change the behaviour of the installer. The other odd behaviour was trying to uninstall via the remove programs dialog just resulted in repeatedly producing the installer splash screen, complete with partially filled blue bar and displaying version 0.3, but would not actually uninstall the program- I resorted to manually deleting the smiteworks directory which required admin privileges, then running the old installer. FGU now up and running, showing version 4.0 ultimate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Try running the FGUpdater directly from the install folder.
    I needed to do this with the latest update.

Regards,
    JPG
    I installed FGU using a previously d/l FGUwebinstaller on a clean Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. The installer said I need to install Microsoft Visual C++ and after allowing the install the FGUupdater opened but looked strange FG Updater 2020-02-15 113134.png, but closed after a few moments. When I tried to open FGU using the desktop link I received a message saying the FGU.exe was missing. I ran the FGupdater from the FG folder but the same window was displayed but the FG .exe was still missing.

Today I d/l the new installer using the link you provided. I attempted to uninstall FGU using windows "add/remove programs" but it was never successful uninstalling FGU. I then manually deleted the FG folders from the Programs folder and User folder. I ran the new installer and attempted to load the run FGU but the same missing FG .exe msg was displayed. I then ran the FG updater manually and received the same odd FGU updater window shown above. I attempted to run FGU, but I again received the missing FGU .exe error msg.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I installed FGU using a previously d/l FGUwebinstaller on a clean Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. The installer said I need to install Microsoft Visual C++ and after allowing the install the FGUupdater opened but looked strange FG Updater 2020-02-15 113134.png, but closed after a few moments. When I tried to open FGU using the desktop link I received a message saying the FGU.exe was missing. I ran the FGupdater from the FG folder but the same window was displayed but the FG .exe was still missing.

Today I d/l the new installer using the link you provided. I attempted to uninstall FGU using windows "add/remove programs" but it was never successful uninstalling FGU. I then manually deleted the FG folders from the Programs folder and User folder. I ran the new installer and attempted to load the run FGU but the same missing FG .exe msg was displayed. I then ran the FG updater manually and received the same odd FGU updater window shown above. I attempted to run FGU, but I again received the missing FGU .exe error msg.
    Pretty much same issue (minus C++ install) that I had as detailed above. You need to use the old installer https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...nstallPrev.exe linked by Moon Wizard earlier in this post until they figure out what is broken in the current version. At least the old installer should get you up and running. I'm not really sure what the new installer was bringing to the party anyway to be honest but there is presumably some sort of advantage to it once its been debugged!

Quote Originally Posted by dikdastard View Post
    Pretty much same issue (minus C++ install) that I had as detailed above. You need to use the old installer https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...nstallPrev.exe linked by Moon Wizard earlier in this post until they figure out what is broken in the current version. At least the old installer should get you up and running. I'm not really sure what the new installer was bringing to the party anyway to be honest but there is presumably some sort of advantage to it once its been debugged!
    Thanks, I will try your suggested installer. However, the most recent installer link from Moon Wizard in post #32 does not seem to work for me and I felt he should know.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Same issue as before for me: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/e...5_10-33-50.mp4. Looks like the same version, but the filesize of the installer is different.
    Last edited by radgh; February 15th, 2020 at 18:40.

Thread Information