FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: local play

local play

I have the standard lifetime licence, is this useable for local play as it seems to go into demo mode when I connect?
    or do I need to purchase either the ultimate or second standard licence for this to work?
    Many thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    How do you envision 'local play'? Do you want each player to have a laptop and connect to you? Then you need an ultimate or each player needs a standard license. Do you want to run one instance as GM and a second instance to display on a TV or projector? Then you can do this with just your standard license and starting a second instance of FG, connect to the game using a different name and an address of 'localhost' and then drag the second instance onto the second display connected to your computer.

Or did you mean something else?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry, yes I should have been clearer.
    My current set up is a well know different VTT programme when i have the GM PC and a Player PC, Player PC is connected to a large screen monitor and displays player maps etc, all rolling is done with dice etc. GM pc is where all the notes maps etc are. so for that set up i use two accounts.

My plan with FG was to do the same, so two pc's local network connection, one as player and one as gm. the gm pc running standard licence and player pc free licence.

Blog Entries
    You can say competitor names here. We don't take offense and no one will think the worse for you (and you won't get banned or anything!)

I think that a standard license can host one demo player (and no other players), but I'm not sure... Someone should jump on soon and clarify who is certain exactly what the expected behavior should be. But did you already try this?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You can have one demo connection to a standard license but it turns the session into a demo session. No data will be saved. You need two licenses for this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You can have one demo connection to a standard license but it turns the session into a demo session. No data will be saved. You need two licenses for this to work.
    The last time I checked, with a standard license in FGC, data is saved in demo mode.

@JonMiles - you can do what you want running in demo mode with a GM standard license. Just make sure you only connect one player instance to your GM instance. You won’t be able to have a second instance (connecting as localhost) on the same computer as the GM, for example.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information