STAR TREK 2d20

Need to 'jury-rig' up a Kobold playable race until APG comes out.

Greetings folks,

I have a new addition to the Fantasy Grounds Table and he wants to play a Kobold (which is why I asked in another thread about the Omens guide). I usually let players play whatever they like within reason and a Kobold is fine.

I can probably get him to use the Goblin Templet for now until later. Do you folks have some suggestions on stat adjustments?

I was thinking (-2 Constitution, +2 dex or +2 intelligence), Darkvision, small (same as a halfling) maybe some affinities for sorcery class or 'draconic heritage' things.

What sounds appropriate but not too overpowered for a kobold? (can Kobolds ever be overpowered?)

Thanks!

Heres my quick bodge up of a kobold race.
    I have not checked this for balance, Review it. At the very least it should give you a starting point.

As you cant create the "kobold" trait in the dropdown box for the Feats window I have prefixed all the Ancestry Feats for kobolds with "Kobold -" so your can search for them instead.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Willot; February 8th, 2020 at 09:25.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Willlot,

Thank you!

Oh just realized I forgot to make it a player module so make sure you drag the green tick to the module when you load it.
    Then the player can load the module to use as normal
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Can I inquire how you made this .mod? New to fantasy grounds, looking for a way to add a modified race and custom heritage.

I've done a couple, so I'll try to outline the process, I apologize before hand if I miss something.

Adding a race like this is fairly simple. Load up a campaign as the DM, open the ancestry list, then either right click in the list and select create item, or click the circle at the bottom with a diagonal then the plus button that appears. In the new window that pops up just fill in the info as needed, I usually open a CRB race to use as reference. The "Other" tab is where you will put the pertinent racial info such as speed, size, etc, and to add things follows the same pattern we used to create the race.

After completing the race, on the ancestry list page you will see a button up top for heritages. Same concept here to add the heritages for this race, putting the name of your race in the ancestry block so it asks for the player to choose one when they add the ancestry. If you want to make a heritage that already exists work for your new race, you can grab the red dragon icon, drag and drop it back on the list to create a copy, that you can then edit to add your ancestry to the list it applies to.

Next, you would go to feats, and following a similar pattern add ancestry feats. Make sure you add your new ancestry to the TRAITS section. Unfortunately, at this time that WILL NOT allow you to filter to that ancestry at the drop downs on the bottom, as those are hard coded at this time.

Once everything has been added and tested to work, you export by clicking library, then export. Make sure everything you created is on the list, name everything and export. If you are the DM, all you need to do is load the module on your game. If not, you would need to send this module file to your DM to have them place it in your module folder.

You can DRAG individual stuff to the export window too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    I've done a couple, so I'll try to outline the process, I apologize before hand if I miss something.

Adding a race like this is fairly simple. Load up a campaign as the DM, open the ancestry list, then either right click in the list and select create item, or click the circle at the bottom with a diagonal then the plus button that appears. In the new window that pops up just fill in the info as needed, I usually open a CRB race to use as reference. The "Other" tab is where you will put the pertinent racial info such as speed, size, etc, and to add things follows the same pattern we used to create the race.

After completing the race, on the ancestry list page you will see a button up top for heritages. Same concept here to add the heritages for this race, putting the name of your race in the ancestry block so it asks for the player to choose one when they add the ancestry. If you want to make a heritage that already exists work for your new race, you can grab the red dragon icon, drag and drop it back on the list to create a copy, that you can then edit to add your ancestry to the list it applies to.

Next, you would go to feats, and following a similar pattern add ancestry feats. Make sure you add your new ancestry to the TRAITS section. Unfortunately, at this time that WILL NOT allow you to filter to that ancestry at the drop downs on the bottom, as those are hard coded at this time.

Once everything has been added and tested to work, you export by clicking library, then export. Make sure everything you created is on the list, name everything and export. If you are the DM, all you need to do is load the module on your game. If not, you would need to send this module file to your DM to have them place it in your module folder.
    I was going through these steps to make a new ancestry. However, I can't seem to get the player's new ancestry to change size to large on the battle map (it always comes up medium). I tried adding "SIZE Large" on the ancestries entries ('other' tab) just like the other races show "SIZE Medium", but the token did not scale to large. I tried putting "Large" in the size area on the player's notes tab and that didn't do anything either. So I had the size in the ancestries entries, as a trait, and on the notes tab and none of them scaled the token to large on the map.

I even took a copy of an exported character and changed the following line in the xml, substituting Large for medium, and imported that file, put him in the combat tracker, put him on the map, and the token was still medium size.

<size type="string">Medium</size>

Do you guys know if size scaling is working for player characters? If so, where on the sheet (or wherever) controls size?

Thanks
    Last edited by Swifty0x0; March 7th, 2020 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    Do you guys know if size scaling is working for player characters? If so, where on the sheet (or wherever) controls size?
    Nothing on the character sheet adjust token size on the map. Once the PC is in the combat tracker (CT), change the CT size/reach fields as required.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information