DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I will see if I can gather a group of them to try again since currently next beta test with the group wasn't planned until last week of Feb.

If it was happening right away for you (i.e. first player connected sometimes), you may not need the whole group to test.

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    You can also probably jump on Discord and get some volunteers to help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi. Managed to get a group of folks to try today. The issue was still occurring. Only one person was able to join the game - all others who attempted (three other people) received the "Attempting named connection" screen and could not get past it.
    This is the console image from two different folks who tried to join the game and were unable to do so. Players who were hanging on that screen tried multiple times to cancel and re-try joining the game.

console_connection_info_2.jpg

2ndPlayer_namedConnectionIssue.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Did you check your advanced security settings for your connection from your ISP's website as discussed in the link I provided earlier?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I might have to set up a test to see if I can connect to you from my Dev machine, so I can see if there is anything I can notice here. I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, but I'm not sure how many people have tried yet.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi. So an update on the situation, which we were still encountering.
    @LordEntrails - Yes, I did get to try the Xfinity solve that you were recommending. That is not an option, we are functioning in bridge mode which disables the Advanced Settings as those are being handled on our side. We did test opening up that specific port on our router for the machine running the GM campaign, which also did not have any effect.

Short Summary of Current Understanding: it appears to be an issue with the Mac client that is hosting the campaign

Full Summary of what was tested:
    Here are the tests we ran and the results encountered. GM and all players fully updated prior to trying any connections.

First Test: Mac client hosting campaign, cloud server, with password required. Two players trying to connect via PC. One player trying to connect via Mac. No players were able to connect, all were encountering the same issue of hanging on the "named connection screen" and not proceeding to connecting to the campaign.

Second Test: Mac client hosting campaign, cloud server, with no password required. Two players trying to connect via PC. One player trying to connect via Mac. No players were able to connect, all were encountering the same issue of hanging on the "named connection screen" and not proceeding to connecting to the campaign.

Third Test: Mac client hosting a newly created test campaign to see if the campaign was corrupted and causing the issue; cloud server, with no password required. Two players trying to connect via PC. One player trying to connect via Mac. No players were able to connect, all were encountering the same issue of hanging on the "named connection screen" and not proceeding to connecting to the campaign.

Fourth Test: switched to PC client hosting a newly created campaign; same network settings as both PC and Mac hosting were from the same location, no password required for the campaign. Two players trying to connect via PC. One player trying to connect via Mac. All players were able to connect to the campaign.

Fifth Test: PC client using same campaign from Fourth Test, password required for the campaign. Two players trying to connect via PC. One player trying to connect via Mac. All players were able to connect to the campaign.

Let me know if there are any specifics you would like to know. This already felt like a long post. lol

Blog Entries
    Good details

So the following is based on the old FGC architecture. I don't think it's supposed to work this way with FGU, but, worth taking a look at...

The thing I would look at given that one computer on a network could host and the other could not, do you have Port Forwarding (or virtual sever etc) configured on your modem/router? If so, it might be set to point to the PC computer and therefore it is preventing the Mac computer from hosting.

If not, is your modem/router using UPnP (most likely)? Sometimes this will 'stick' to a specific internal IP, and if the PC has this, it won't switch to the Mac when needed. Try rebooting your router, then having the Mac client connect and host before anyone else.

Actually - what you described, except in reverse, was the case.

Given the recommendation about Xfinity and the Advanced Settings we did set up port forwarding (or I think we did, we may have just opened the firewall for a specific port) but it was set for the Mac and only the Mac. The PC was basically still in the original configuration/relationship to the router.

I do think the router is using UPnP (although I will have to confirm). The PC was not even powered on when I initially did the Mac tests, so very unlikely that it had pre-empted the PC but I will see if we can test that.

Thanks.
    Last edited by rzemlicka; February 20th, 2020 at 17:12. Reason: updated response re: port forwarding

Blog Entries
    Hmm, since you set Advanced Security for the Mac, but it's working on the PC, what happens if you removed the Advanced Security settings for the Mac?

Thread Information