DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Update issue

I am having the same issue and so far nothing above has worked for me.

I am having the same issue and so far nothing above has worked for me. After doing what Styrmir suggested now the client totally closes after i try to update it.

@Way2loco,

Are you running Windows? Did you try redownloading the installer I pushed around 4PM Pacific Time, and running a new install?

Thanks,
    JPG

Sorry to hear that Way2loco.
    It worked for me.

In fact I had to do the same thing again today after an update. The FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe was renamed with the appendix _OLD again, but no new FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe took its place.
    Making a copy for safety and renaming it worked again. As all the button really does is point to and run that file name in the root in the end.

After restarting the client a second time, the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe seems to remain after the update.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Way2loco,

Are you running Windows? Did you try redownloading the installer I pushed around 4PM Pacific Time, and running a new install?
    Same for me. After running the updater yesterday, today I canīt run nor the updater nor enter settings. Never had update issues before and I do them regularly (whenever red button shows theres 1). Now after few seconds client crashes after launcher shows up for half a second (see screenshot below). Running from Launcher Screen or manually from folder changes nothing.

PC: ACPIx64 running under Windows 10 download and installed latest Visual C+++ for x64 version (FGclassic also installed same directory but different folder)
    FGU license: Ultimate with license key (updated regularly until yesterday)

Will try a new installation after backing up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flammang View Post
    Same for me. After running the updater yesterday, today I canīt run nor the updater nor enter settings. Never had update issues before and I do them regularly (whenever red button shows theres 1). Now after few seconds client crashes after launcher shows up for half a second (see screenshot below). Running from Launcher Screen or manually from folder changes nothing.

PC: ACPIx64 running under Windows 10 download and installed latest Visual C+++ for x64 version (FGclassic also installed same directory but different folder)
    FGU license: Ultimate with license key (updated regularly until yesterday)

Will try a new installation after backing up
    This in particular has been a recent issue with some changes made to the installer. I've made a more detailed stickied post that in part relates to this issue. Please take a peek over there, still trying to pinpoint the issue.

I've had a similar problem here with FG Unity when running from the shortcut it makes on the desktop. The log indicates that it's looking in the cwd for the updater, and it's running the program from the shortcut's cwd:

[4/27/2020 11:47:36 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-23)
    [4/27/2020 11:47:37 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/27/2020 11:47:51 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Users/foo/Desktop/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

If I set the "start in" folder for the shortcut directory, it works out fine.

I am also having the updater problem with Unity. I have to go into the C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds folder and click on the updater from there to get it to run.

[4/30/2020 11:27:11 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
    [4/30/2020 11:27:11 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/30/2020 11:27:17 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
    [4/30/2020 11:27:42 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

I get this flavor of the error. It is a true error, as the updater is not in the system32 folder. But I cannot figure out how to change the FGU settings to point to the correct location. The updater does work correctly if I run it directly.

[5/2/2020 11:22:13 AM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
    [5/2/2020 11:22:13 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/2/2020 11:26:24 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Windows/system32/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

Blog Entries
    Check the "Start In" field of your shortcut properties. See if that is correct.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information