DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Unable to connect with second FG session

I am unable to run a second session of FG on my PC. I try to connect to localhost but it just times out. I have opened port 1802 on my router and Firewall but with no improvement.

Has this worked before?

Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?

What operating system as you using?

Are you only trying to connect to localhost on the player instance once your GM instance is fully up and running?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

FG classic
    windows 10
    and correct, trying to connect with player instance after gm instance is fully up and running

Blog Entries
    And are you using localhost as the address from your player instance?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, I have used localhost and the internal IP. both failed to connect.

Blog Entries
    Do you have any ethernet or wireless network adapters enabled? Do you run any virtual machine or network programs on your computer? Does this persist after a computer restart?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am running the standard wireless network connection. I don't have an network programs. I did restart and was able to connect 1 time. then I logged out and tried again and failed.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like security software or another application changing your network environment, but sorry, I don't know enough to pin point further than that. Can you test and see if it works after a restart each time but only for the first time? Maybe then see if you have started any other programs in the meantime?

Thanks LordEntrails. You hit the nail on the head. It was my Norton software that was blocking port 1802. I had to remove that port from the protected list for the player session to be able to connect.protected port.JPG

Blog Entries
    Good to hear you found the issue. Happy gaming!

Thread Information