5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 91 First ... 78910111959 ... Last
    Can you add an option to separately toggle chat triggers?

Are there any impacts to me simply deleting all the built in triggers?

No, you can safely delete them.

Thanks -- seemed safe. I created a zip backup of the .mod, just in case. I don't download every SuperSyrin pack, so I was getting some really strange behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDork View Post
    Are there any impacts to me simply deleting all the built in triggers?
    You can delete them. If it's a module you can always restore them by returning the module to original values.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Great plugin, been testing it out as a possible successor to DOE Sound Plugin (although I still find that useful for ease of use) and have a question.

I have Syrinscape offline player and most of the sounds play fine.

However; the longsword hit/miss sound does not trigger when a roll to hit/miss is performed. The sound itself plays if I manually select it, so that ain't an issue. The language/wording also seems to line up with what I saw in your tutorial video, so can't see a problem there. Any reason why this may be happening?

This is for dnd5e by the way.

The Genre players (Fantasy, Sci-fi and Boardgame) are showing their age a bit. The Syrinscape team has been heavily focusing on getting the online player working great, but has neglected the other players somewhat. I've noticed that some sounds just wont play in them. Recently on the Syrinscape Forum, they did announce that they would be shifting development effort back to the Genre Players soon and give them all some needed updates. Hopefully that will resolve the issue with links not playing. So far I havent had any dead links with the Syrisncape Online player, so they seem to have gotten the issue figured out, it just needs to be put into the Genre players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post
    Great plugin, been testing it out as a possible successor to DOE Sound Plugin (although I still find that useful for ease of use) and have a question.

However; the longsword hit/miss sound does not trigger when a roll to hit/miss is performed. The sound itself plays if I manually select it, so that ain't an issue. The language/wording also seems to line up with what I saw in your tutorial video, so can't see a problem there. Any reason why this may be happening?

For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post

There are a few things you can do to track it down.

Enable debug mode (/ao debug on).
    Turn on the console (/console).

Now when you do what you think should trigger a sound you can review the console output and get an idea as to what might be happening.

Additionally you can trim down the "trigger" match to the minimum (where it works) and start adding more to the match until it stops working to see where it's having issues.

The above all assumes that the sound link actually WORKS. Make sure you can click the "play" link in the various locations you can find them in AudioOverseer. If the sound doesn't "sound off" there then even if your trigger works it won't make any sound there either.

If the sound link doesn't work but you're sure it should and you're using the Fantasy Player, enable 3rd party links, get the link to the sound your are wanting and replace the source 1 sound link with that one. It could be the CSV for the older Fantasy Player has "dead" or non-working sound links.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'll try that! I have a sneaky feeling its because my player is outdated, as I'm lazy when it comes to updating. I'll go through your suggestions and see what progress I can make, thanks for the help!

Quick Update 1.14
    • Updated Added additional option to set "No-Triggers" in AudioOverseer campaign settings. Enabled, Disabled (all sounds) and No-Triggers (to disable just Triggers).

Small update. You can either disable all sounds or just triggers.
    ---

Thread Information