STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 91 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Hey, Celestian, how do you get the Syrinscape links from individual sounds within a Pack.

For example, on the Bridol Town pack we have three Groups(Busy Market Day, Bard's Day Off & Setting Up For Morning Trade). When I activate my 3rd party integration mode, I can copy links for those, but not the individual ones (Music, people, animals, etc). And I see you have those links on the free module. How do I get them, so I can setup my purchased packs?
    Go to this URL:

https://www.syrinscape.com/online/master/#/

Then click the triple lines on the right to get this menu, download the CSV file.

Once you have the CSV file you can import them all. Keep in mind (as mentioned in vids/etc) that FGC cannot handle a huge amount of entries all at once. It will process 100 new entries at a time and then prompt you to do the next batch. You can paste about 1000-2000 lines at a time, find what works best for your system.

I'm going to see if I can tweak it a bit more to deal with this better but just remember that...Also I would recommend using the "update" option to only import records you do not already have (if you've imported before).

That is how I would recommend doing it... However... If you want to do it by hand. At the same site, the same triple line menu you can select "show remote control links" and while you have the Brindol Town pack loaded you'll see new buttons you can use. Those place the URL in a copy buffer and you can paste them into the record manually.

I find the import method more reliable and gets you everything in one wack.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks a lot Celestian! My Super Syrin sub isn't active and I thought I couldn't access it without subscribing. Now I see I can do that, but only I will be able to hear. Which put me on the spot to actually try the Syrinscape Online with this.

I've put my token url and changed to Source2. However, whenever I play that I get a "You'll need a new app to open this syrinscape-online link" from Windows. What do I need to do?

I just didn't care for the "save" throw sound effects, and wanted to add sad trombone and hurray for crit hit and crit fail. but they are still from the local client free sounds.
    Again I love that's its the free sounds, and simple to use.
    I've been using Rob2E's pack, but without the scrip, I only get about half the sounds to work.

thanks for any advice

PS, FYI, I was also trying you sounds out on Unity, because Rob don't have StarFinder sound pack yet.
    I can't create new triggers. This is no spot to drop the sound item.
    Last edited by Zionmatrix; February 17th, 2020 at 17:59.

https://youtu.be/j-Cw1UBcToE

I recorded a basic video showing just the basic features for the brazilian community. It's in brazilian portuguese, so I thought I could share it here too. Will record other videos in the future covering collections and the Syrinscape Online part and how to import those sounds once I get the hang of it.

FYI, Syrinscape has changed the format of the CSV file and it will require an update AudioOverseer (I was planning to release a new one this weekend) but for now, imports will be broken using any new versions of the file downloaded from them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

However a workaround is opening the csv file with any Excel (or equivalent software) and deleting the "id" column.
    If you use the Syrinscape "Offline" Player that is all you have to do.
    If you want to use the Syrinscape "Online" Player you would also need to delete the columns genre_players_*_url.

The way AudioObserver is reading the csv at the moment is that whatever comes in 8th and 9th place will be used as play and stop url respectively, so just move "online_player_*_url" in the genre_players places and import.
    This way you can use the Online Player. Just tested it and working like a breeze

Quote Originally Posted by macskay90 View Post
    However a workaround is opening the csv file with any Excel (or equivalent software) and deleting the "id" column.
    If you use the Syrinscape "Offline" Player that is all you have to do.
    If you want to use the Syrinscape "Online" Player you would also need to delete the columns genre_players_*_url.

The way AudioObserver is reading the csv at the moment is that whatever comes in 8th and 9th place will be used as play and stop url respectively, so just move "online_player_*_url" in the genre_players places and import.
    This way you can use the Online Player. Just tested it and working like a breeze
    Absolutely correct Sir

I've got a new version that I'll release tomorrow that can deal with this and has some other options as well.

It's still not a pleasant process. FG just does NOT like bulk anything. Getting all the links in took me probably 3 hours doing them 100 at a pop. The new version will process them in batches like that and also just uses the copy buffer instead of showing the text also (that was slowing down things as well).

It might just be better for me to post a module with the "all links" but that's going to assume anyone that uses it also has the "SuperSyrin" subscription.
    ---

Hiya Celestian,

I would definitely appreciate an 'all links' module, if that's an easy thing for you to produce? Thanks for all your time you're spending on this, it's much appreciated!

Cheers,

Simon

This sound great! I have to give it a try. I’ve been having trouble with Syrinscape Sound Links extension on my Mac and maybe this will be less of a headache
    TheEldritchPress.com
    Editions 1st-5th since '79
    Running on a Mac. Yup, I'm one of those guys

Update 1.12
    • Updated Import window layout.
    • Updated Improved import method and processing.
    • Updated Stop links dropped will now append [stop] to the name of the link.
    • Updated Record links in triggers/collections have link back to sound record (hover/click name).
    • Fixed Individual Audio Record views would sometimes overlap entries if blank in certain situations.
    • Added AO slash command "Debug" [on|off] to toggle console debug output.\
    • Update Because of changes in the CSV formatting from Syrinscape and the inclusion of a unique ID per sound the sound links moving forward should be able to stay persistent. It means that no matter who imports the sound links the IDs should be the same and outside of custom module naming will work for the life of them. However, it means that links previous to this version will need to be updated.

The new import style uses the copy buffer and not text field to reduce latency/resource usage during importing. Keep in mind FG still has trouble doing anything in bulk. If you are importing more than 100 entries the import process will batch them in counts of 100 and you'll need to click "Import" for each batch. Even with the batching FG will eventually have issues of you are importing more than 2000 or so entries and require a restart and then you can import the remaining. Using the "Update" toggle (on by default) it will only import links that do not exist. The 100 count is only an issue when they are added, not if they already exist.

The new debug option allows you to use "/ao debug on" in combination with /console to track what sounds are being played and why. If you are having an issue seeing why a sound trigger is not working or is playing when you think it shouldn't, use this to figure out why.

As noted, the CSV file format changed but they added a unique ID that allows for mapping of IDs that should be persistent from here on out. You will need to re-import your sound links for this to take effect. Old sounds will need to be re-done but as I said, this should be the last time this happens for Syrinscape users. If you dont use Syrinscape, you don't need to worry about this.

I've updated the Free Links module to the new version.
    Last edited by celestian; February 17th, 2020 at 19:55.
    ---

Thread Information