STAR TREK 2d20
Page 58 of 91 First ... 848565758596068 ... Last
    YAAAHH i think it worked! Thank you so much kind sir! May love and good fortune forever come your way.

I am getting a strange problem that just surfaced (maybe on the last Test Channel patch from April 27). I am using the test version instead of live of FGU. When I open a trigger and close it, then reopen it, I see an extra blank line under where it says Matches. Each time I open a trigger and then close it, it adds a new blank line. This interferes with the trigger as it is including a blank line to search. The problem is that I cannot remove the line either. Is anyone else seeing this? I have this in its own campaign with only 1 extension to restore windows (Window Saver X). No other extensions loaded.

AOExtra Lines.JPG
    Last edited by Mazzar; April 30th, 2021 at 05:44.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I've had a quick play with this extension with Syrinscape & VLC and like what I see. I've also got my head around streaming local sounds via Voicemeeter & Cleanfeed to another user, so feel reasonably comfortable (so far, at least). However, our group is completely new to FG, and are slowly getting to grips with things. I'm also not the one running the game so dropping this into the lap of our GM when he's still getting to grips with FGU (and the AD&D 2E FG ruleset) is probably a bit unfair (after all, the GM's learning curve is far steeper than us humble players).

So, my question is, will the chat triggers work from a player's PC, or must it be done on the GM's side of things?

Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyBirky View Post

So, my question is, will the chat triggers work from a player's PC, or must it be done on the GM's side of things?
    I built the extension with the intent that the GM is the source for sounds.

You are absolutely right not dropping it onto the DM so early. The audio configuration plus Syrinscape is... not a simple process for most and learning FG at the same time? Good idea to wait till they are more proficient.
    Last edited by celestian; May 4th, 2021 at 18:43.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I built the extension with the intent that the GM is the source for sounds.
    Thanks. I thought that would probably be the case, but I had to ask.

You are absolutely right not dropping it onto the DM so early. The audio configuration plus Syrinscape is... not a simple process for most and learning FG at the same time? Good idea to wait till they are more proficient.
    To be fair, the rest of the group (including the GM) are pretty savvy with all things IT, but there's quite a bit to get our heads around first. Some of us are still trying to remember the 2E rules after a 30 year hiatus!

When we do get our GM up and running with this, is there anything us players can do to help set up the triggers & links (i.e. can they be set up and exported to a mod file and then imported by the GM. That's assuming we'd be using Syrinscape rather than local sound files)?

Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyBirky View Post
    When we do get our GM up and running with this, is there anything us players can do to help set up the triggers & links (i.e. can they be set up and exported to a mod file and then imported by the GM. That's assuming we'd be using Syrinscape rather than local sound files)?
    Exporting triggers is a bit tricky since those exported triggers link to a sound module (generally). As long as the DM has the exact same sound module that the trigger module was generated from it should be good.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Exporting triggers is a bit tricky since those exported triggers link to a sound module (generally). As long as the DM has the exact same sound module that the trigger module was generated from it should be good.
    For now I guess we'd be sticking to the free Syrinscape files, at least until we're comfortable with things, so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue. Even if it is then I'll have learned a bit more about what we're doing with it all (you learn more from your failures than your successes!!).

I've had a quick look at exporting the triggers and that looks straightforward enough. Configuring any bespoke triggers will presumably be the hard part, and those should still work when imported by the GM, so if there are any problems with the links then I imagine I can just change them in FG or amend them en masse in the XML.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    I am getting a strange problem that just surfaced (maybe on the last Test Channel patch from April 27). I am using the test version instead of live of FGU. When I open a trigger and close it, then reopen it, I see an extra blank line under where it says Matches. Each time I open a trigger and then close it, it adds a new blank line. This interferes with the trigger as it is including a blank line to search. The problem is that I cannot remove the line either. Is anyone else seeing this? I have this in its own campaign with only 1 extension to restore windows (Window Saver X). No other extensions loaded.

AOExtra Lines.JPG
    Looks like they released the new version in Live. This is an issue for me. Is anyone else having this issue with the triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    Looks like they released the new version in Live. This is an issue for me. Is anyone else having this issue with the triggers?
    It's an issue with FGU reported elsewhere. I expect they'll solve it

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-Opened-v-4-1
    Last edited by celestian; May 16th, 2021 at 02:26.
    ---

Good morning Celestian,

I currently use Groovy Bot with Spotify. A few questions please:
    - Is there a way I can use this extension with Spotify (without the use of Discord) when sharing the playlist or song link?
    - This plays directly out of the player's cpu as I trigger it?
    - Is it compatible with the new Live Unity version?

Thank you
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Thread Information