5E Character Create Playlist
Page 31 of 91 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Not sure if something changed in last update of FG but I had a bunch of locally stored and imported sound links that ended with a reference number in square brackets eg [30458]. They were all imported and operational, even set quite a few up with triggers then exported as a module. Now the links are all inactive both when used as a module in new campaign or just re-opening the existing campaign I created them in. Fortunately only a few sound links I have are set up with that format so most sounds are still functional. I have "repaired" a couple of the entries by manually renaming the sound file without the [xxxx] section and altering the link within FG to match so will most likely do the rest that way when I get time and inclination but just wanted to make others aware in case their sound file names had similar issues and also curious what might be causing the issue. Wondered if it was anything to do with LUA special characters, but my other thought was it might have something to do with experimenting with switching on the vlc web interface as suggested a few posts back. However I think I have switched that back off now, and also the soundfiles complete with [xxxx] still play normally in vlc when clicked on from within Windows Explorer- odd!

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    That's not an AO related issue, but, in general (configuration varies):

1. Configure default audio playback (VLC, for example).
    2. Configure your system (Windows/Control Panel/Sounds) for VLC to use VoiceMeeter Input as default.
    3. Route VoiceMeeter Input to your VoiceMeeter Output, the one your return to your players.

If thats Syrincape what's involved, then change the default input sound device for Syrinscape to be VoiceMeeter Input.
    Just to second this but also as an additional suggestion, voicemeeter (banana) allows for a main virtual output/input (VB-Audio Voicemeeter VAIO) and an aux version, both install as audio devices under Windows and you need to go into control panel/manage audio devices to set them up as the default playback/recording options in place of your usual mic/speakers then simply a case of getting all the various inputs from "real" sources to play to the right virtual output- with 2 to play at, I have one routed to Hangouts for voice as we also use that for video link, and am using the other routed through Cleanfeed which gives much better sound quality when trying to play background music/ambience to the group. I run that currently through media player outside of FG, and just use the FG linked sounds played through VLC for spot sound effects and triggers. That way I can "mix" and control the volumes of the different sound sources more easily and have the ambient sounds just set to play on a loop.

Hello, sorry for the trouble - put i just cant make the links works - i buy syrinscape online, open the site, click on the "show remote control links", click on the play botton to copy the link - - - Go to FGU, where the extansion its working, put the /ao token from painel control of Syrinscape, ant paste the link in the source 2 ( i already chance in options for source 2) - but when i click, dont do any sound, im missing something?

i was able to take the link from syrinscape fantasy player, put in source 1, and click - that works just fine, but what i realy want is for my players on fantasy grounds listen (i can make the sounds from Syrniscape online for then, but i just acnt make the links works in FGU), can you help me??

Would you be able to use the wonderful resources at TabletopAudio.com with this extension?

In a PF2e game?

Hello,
    Firstly thank you for a wonderful extension, finally getting to grips with it sort of. Having said that I may be on the edge of throwing my computer out of the window in despair
    I cannot get the result I want with triggers for the chat window. I'm using 5e ruleset and want different casting sounds for different casters. I have read websites on LUA pattern matching but I can't understand what I'm missing. Currently I have 2 PCs set up with two triggers:-

%[CAST%]
    and their name.

In the chat window this info all appears on one line. Should the name be in inverted commas or square brackets or nothing? I can't get anything to work. Please help, I'm running a game in 3 hours and running out of time.

Also, is it possible to put a negative pattern in the trigger to exclude a string?

EDIT: I created another trigger just looking for the PC name. (no special characters). Any action by that PC should trigger but it doesn't. If however I type the PC name in chat it triggers so for some reason the PC name before the colon in chat is not being parsed. Is this something that can be resolved or is it a functional limitation? I was hoping to have lots of sounds linked to specific PCs so this is an annoyance.
    Last edited by Noelus; June 7th, 2020 at 16:00.

Despite appearances, I don't think the character name is actually there- at least in the sense of the section of the chat line that AO can actually parse. Its a shame, because I also spent a lot of time trying to set up sounds for individual character names so they could all have a "theme tune" when it was their turn in initiative order to act as one example. The pattern matching to a character name does work when the chat box puts out something related to the character- in the ruleset I am using at the moment, Savageworlds, I can set up individual sounds for characters when the system rolls fot them to become unshaken and things like that, but the name at the beginning of the action line is produced in a different bit of code I think. Would be better spending your time matching individual sounds to their favourite spells perhaps which is definitely doable

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    Hello,
    Firstly thank you for a wonderful extension, finally getting to grips with it sort of. Having said that I may be on the edge of throwing my computer out of the window in despair
    I cannot get the result I want with triggers for the chat window. I'm using 5e ruleset and want different casting sounds for different casters. I have read websites on LUA pattern matching but I can't understand what I'm missing. Currently I have 2 PCs set up with two triggers:-

%[CAST%]
    and their name.

In the chat window this info all appears on one line. Should the name be in inverted commas or square brackets or nothing? I can't get anything to work. Please help, I'm running a game in 3 hours and running out of time.
    If you can follow the steps at the end of the first post for debugging these issues and provide all those details I'll try and help.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you can follow the steps at the end of the first post for debugging these issues and provide all those details I'll try and help.
    Ok. Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately out of time for tonight's game but I'll get on it tomorrow.

Please could anyone advise me on what I'm doing wrong - again. Trying to import local sound files via csv method. I looked in the extension.xml file to check required syntax and have followed it exactly as far as I'm aware but I get a fail every time.

Screenshot (14).jpg

As you can see from the console output it states that number of values is not equal or greater than 9 but it IS. This is the string I'm using:-

1,OK,PERSONAL,fantasy,local,Buff,oneshot,sfx,file://D:\Sounds\Buff.mp3,,,

based on the required format as specified in the extension.xml file:-

"id", "status","category","pack","set","name","type","su b_type","genre_play_url","genre_stop_url","online_ play_url","online_stop_url"

Admittedly I don't understand all the parameters (id and status primarily) but I'm assuming most are just descriptors. Regarding the file play url I have used the format mentioned in post #124, adding "file://" to the beginning of the path. I have also tried without this also to no avail.

I am using version 1.23, with the latest regularly updated version of FGU. I have also attempted this process without any other extensions loaded whatsoever (not even themes) and it still gives the same error.

In an unrelated matter there is no space between the u and the b in sub-type above when I edit, but it just appears in the post. Technology appears to be full of gremlins
    Last edited by Noelus; June 13th, 2020 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    As you can see from the console output it states that number of values is not equal or greater than 9 but it IS. This is the string I'm using:-

1,OK,PERSONAL,fantasy,local,Buff,oneshot,sfx,file://D:\Sounds\Buff.mp3,,,

based on the required format as specified in the extension.xml file:-

"id", "status","category","pack","set","name","type","su b_type","genre_play_url","genre_stop_url","online_ play_url","online_stop_url"
    You're missing quotes. Since Syrinscape CSV export quotes within quotes it's, required.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information