FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 91 First 123451353 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I like all the fields in the sounds, but I'm not sure what should go into each field. Does anyone have a short paragraph or few sentences with examples of what goes best in each one? For instance, what do people put in a "Pack" vs a "Set"? Or "Category" and "Type"?
    All those fields I used because Syrinscape had them and I wanted to be able to filter on each.

Category = "dungeons-dragons"
    Pack = "Ghost of Saltmarsh"
    Sound Set = "gos Tammerautae's Fate I"
    Sub-Type = "music","oneshot", "sfx"
    Type = "element", "mood"

Most are self explanatory but some might be less evident. "element" is like a persistence ambient sound. Like a bird chirping randomly, or someone banging on a anvil. Moods are a collection of elements with music.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Heya all,

Ben, the CEO and creator of Syrinscape here = so ask me questions. :-)

Some specific info to answer some of the questions of people...

* yes, you can download and try out Syrinscape for free. It comes with 10+ free SoundSets that you can use without even registering
    * to use the Online Player for local play, you'll need an account in order to connect the player with the Online (in Browser) UI
    * You can still use the free stuff there
    * you can then buy stuff one by one if you prefer
    * you can control anything you own using Fantasy Grounds integrations
    * you can also subscribe to unlock absolutely everything to use (like Netflix) (currently more than USD 2500 worth of stuff)
    * yes, (unlike Netflix) anything we release during the period of your active sub, you gain permanent ownership of as if you just bought it
    * yes the samples are in a cache, but they are of little use without the amazing Syrinscape machine, to: time; position; add reverb; mix; balance; automate etc
    * NOTE: to run games with your remote players following your sounds and hearing everything you trigger (either from the Syrinscape UI or Fantasy Grounds integrations) JUST ONE PERSON will need a SuperSyrin sub.

All sense makes?

Let me know what isn't clear and I shall endeavour to explain better-er. :-)

Most of all: THANK YOU to the people working to make Syrinscape EASY to use in Fantasy Grounds = your efforts are GREATLY appreciated!

Ben

Hey Ben! Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums!

Thanks a lot for Syrinscape, and thanks for showing up for some questions!

What are the chances we can get a Fantasy Grounds to work with the Online Player? Right now we're only able to play sounds using links from the desktop player. Will we be able to do that in the future for the online player too? Having to stream the sound often comes with the cost of a low sound quality for our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Hey Ben! Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums!

Thanks a lot for Syrinscape, and thanks for showing up for some questions!

What are the chances we can get a Fantasy Grounds to work with the Online Player? Right now we're only able to play sounds using links from the desktop player. Will we be able to do that in the future for the online player too? Having to stream the sound often comes with the cost of a low sound quality for our players.
    There are several of us community members working on that. Obviously Celestian is doing amazing work on this. My efforts are over in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Links-module I currently do have a method which allows you to trigger and use syrinscape online links in FG. I am making progress on adding features and such, but the links do work for now.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Open up the console by typing /console and see what is there after you try and import. The console must be up before you import. You'll note that your sounds all have commas in them giving an unexpected count of values.

You've got 2 URLs listed there. IT's only expecting one. It also looks like the name of the sound also has a comma. The number of commas is really specific and must match the values listed on the import window.
    Related to this, im going to change how import work.

I will have it accept at least 8+ value (require 8) but not "fail" if you have more. This way you can just import the entire CSV file. I'm also adding in options to store those extra values (related to Syrinscape ones) so they can be used once those features are supported.

I've also been talking with Syrinscape (Ben is one of the kind folks in the thread) in hopes we can make this process easier ... i.e. getting your sound links more easily into FG.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

In my very humble opinion, if you can avoid it, I don't think ANYONE should be using the Fantasy Player and routing the sound through anything for remote play. We specifically made the Online Player for that situation, and there are many many advantages to doing it this way... including:
    1) Players can trigger their own spells sounds (and things) and have these sounds integrated into the streamed sound
    2) Samples are automatically downloaded and Cached (for future use) as required (so no need for anyone to pre-install content)
    3) better auto quality with LESS bandwidth use
    4) sounds are NOT interrupted when voice-talk software hits bumps (we've been noticing this a LOT in our team game.. it's lovely, even when Discord glitches, Syrinscape keeps that ambience going).
    5) and FG integrations that can work with the Fantasy Player should be able to work with the Online Player LINKS too
    6) Other things I can't think of now. :-D

And, yes, the Syrinscape dev team can help to make the CSV that a user downloads perfect for direct import into these integrations - so users can get the LATEST up to date links for their specific account (which will include any of their user made content AND customisations they have made to ours)

[edits for typos]
    Last edited by Benjamin Loomes; February 3rd, 2020 at 04:08.

Yes, the Online Player is the best solution in every single way. Except if it works right now and I'm unaware of, is that it was impossible to integrate FG with the Online player, since I use lots of automated sounds like attacks and spells triggering sounds.

If that can happen, I'll be really happy. Thanks a lot!

Yes, the Online Player is the best solution in every single way. Except if it works right now and I'm unaware of, is that it was impossible to integrate FG with the Online player, since I use lots of automated sounds like attacks and spells triggering sounds.

I have the Syrinscape Online Player working in my current test build. I'm going to wait publishing it until the discussion in the email has a chance to work itself out as the methods might need to be updated. As it stands now the CSV will need to be re-imported and sounds re-applied to triggers/collections. New version will let you select which source to use (fantasy player or online player)... or if you're using local application like VLC you just leave it at Source 1 and only set that path.

I've been a user of the Fantasy Player since 2018 and just started trying out SOP myself so I don't have a lot of experience with it. I did learn you need the "SuperSyrin Subscriber" to be able to allow your players to hear triggered audio through the system.
    ---

I believe mattekure has gotten it to work with Syrin Online. Though his mod/ext doesn't trigger from the chat like celestians does; last I know he said it's on his to do list. Celestians ext doesn't work with Syrin Online but plans try to figure it out as stated at post #1. Both are awesome. Thank you celestian and mattekure for your efforts. It's amazing how fast yall work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about your works capabilities.
    Last edited by Beemanpat; February 3rd, 2020 at 05:48. Reason: Grammar and clarification

Will we eventually be able to import triggers too?

Thread Information