PF2E Playlist
Page 42 of 45 First ... 324041424344 ... Last
  1. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I cover that in the video.

    Here is an example path.

    file://D:\Sounds\ADnD\Creature\878b87_Godzilla_Roar_Sound _FX.mp3
    Is there a way to get it to play on the client side too? I feel like having a shared audio library at the same path would be easier and more efficient than streaming with VLC.
    Last edited by Leif; September 20th, 2020 at 13:15.

  2. #412
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Is there a way to get it to play on the client side too? I feel like having a shared audio library at the same path would be easier and more efficient than streaming with VLC.
    Fantasy Grounds does not natively support playing sound files. Because of that...The system assumes you stream/push the audio to the players either using something like Syrinscape Online or VLC Stream or Cleanfeed.org.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  3. #413
    I was wondering if it is possible to have one trigger call another trigger and therefore make it possible for a trigger to check across two lines of text?
    "The small town of Swampspittle is a charming reminder of how Faerun use to be.Plague victims crawl eloquently down it's dung filled streets; greasing the way with puss from thier buboes.While at least two children a week are burnt at the stake as changelings in the handsome market square. The town boasts two taverns, one humourous dwarf and a shop that sells little things made of straw."

  4. #414
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to have one trigger call another trigger and therefore make it possible for a trigger to check across two lines of text?
    Thats not how triggers work. They are "triggered" based on text that appears. They do not have hooks to call other triggers that then look for other text. It wouldn't be a viable way to do what you're asking. It would need to ... instead of look for text on a single line but text that appears in a certain time window. Unfortunately with how FG works those delays could be different and would not be a deterministic method to do that. Thats just me theorizing and im not even sure it would work at all because of all the others that do not trigger based on a multi-line check. More than likely it would cause a lot of false triggers or failed triggering.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  5. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Fantasy Grounds does not natively support playing sound files. Because of that...The system assumes you stream/push the audio to the players either using something like Syrinscape Online or VLC Stream or Cleanfeed.org.
    That's not what I mean. I just want the players to get the same trigger I get that causes the file to play within my system. Obviously they would all have to have the same files at the same file-path.

  6. #416
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    That's not what I mean. I just want the players to get the same trigger I get that causes the file to play within my system. Obviously they would all have to have the same files at the same file-path.
    I get that, but trying to align the stars to get that to work would be a nightmare to support and is very very kludgy. Expecting players to have the exact same sound paths is a pretty high bar. If you could export sound files and reference those, that would be doable.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  7. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I get that, but trying to align the stars to get that to work would be a nightmare to support and is very very kludgy. Expecting players to have the exact same sound paths is a pretty high bar. If you could export sound files and reference those, that would be doable.
    I already have the file path situation sorted via cloud sharing. I just don't know enough about FG extensions to go in and modify them yet. If I could just get the same trigger to send to GM and client a like, I feel like I could figure out the rest.

  8. #418
    I am running FGC on Linux (using wine), I have installed AudioOverSeer and I am trying to get it to play any sound. I can click in my file manager on sound files and they play just fine on a variety of installed music players (tried VLC, mplayer, aplay). I have referenced a local file (/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav) as a test file and when trying to play from FGC, nothing doing.

    I even unpacked the .ext and added a debugging comment after the openWindow command, repacked it and that new comment printed as expected. However, openWindow seems to do nothing at all on my setup, and I get no sound.

    Tried
    /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
    and
    file:///usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

    Each to no avail. What am I missing? Do I need a Windows based music player in my wine environment?

  9. #419
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,910
    I don't know much about wine under linux but I can tell you it looks like you have an extra / in the file://usr path.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  10. #420
    skj310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    181
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by dimonic View Post
    I am running FGC on Linux (using wine), I have installed AudioOverSeer and I am trying to get it to play any sound. I can click in my file manager on sound files and they play just fine on a variety of installed music players (tried VLC, mplayer, aplay). I have referenced a local file (/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav) as a test file and when trying to play from FGC, nothing doing.

    I even unpacked the .ext and added a debugging comment after the openWindow command, repacked it and that new comment printed as expected. However, openWindow seems to do nothing at all on my setup, and I get no sound.

    Tried
    /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
    and
    file:///usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

    Each to no avail. What am I missing? Do I need a Windows based music player in my wine environment?
    Hey there @dimonic ... yup this is close to what you want in FGC. But remember FGC in linux is using WINE and therefore you can't just call a sound file as wine doesn't like that. Take a look at my post a couple pages back in this thread. In that I think there's enough hints to do what you need to do for linux + FGC + wine. It's all about calling wineconsole from a text file that you reference. wineconsole with /cmd will make sure that you are playing the files. But do note that you need to choose the audio player. I tend to use VLC as the player for ambient sounds, and mplayer for SFX. Check my post ... I think that'll help you with sound and FGC. Playing sound via FGU is do-able but i've not quite worked out how to differentiate between playing ambient vs SFX in FGU yet .... so ... good luck!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in