DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 83 of 91 First ... 33738182838485 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    About the link triggers: It seemingly may now work for URLs inside the FG folder if I understand the new patch notes correctly

[DEV] Well-formed file URLs are supported as long as they point to a location within the FG data folder.

(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...468#post651468)

@Rylan Storm, so, it may be that you could use your music again, but you'd need to move it to the FG data folder (but I would test first whether it works as intended and whether AudioOverseer would need an update to cater for this)

And for the interested: Some discussion about that here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...533#post651533
    Interesting, thanks for the heads up (I missed this). One could probably symlink a folder from where it actually is to the data folder, maybe. At worst, move all your files there.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

A symbolic link is a great idea and definitely something I'll look at. However, on preliminary testing, I can tell you that I can't get it to work.

I'm not sure if it's my error, something to do with where I've put my data files etc.

Neither of these configs work.

Config_New.png.jpg

If anyone wants me to do any testing please let me know. This mod is so important to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

I'm confused, all my sound links are working, after clicking on the URL warning message, and they are not in the Data folder. FantasyGrounds_JFuNPQdHrF.jpg I hope it will stay like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    I'm confused, all my sound links are working, after clicking on the URL warning message, and they are not in the Data folder. FantasyGrounds_JFuNPQdHrF.jpg I hope it will stay like this!
    The security update prevented access to local files stored on the computer. External links still work.

Rylan,

If a windows platform try a junction instead. Im not home otherwise I would try.

Jason

Yeah. It's definitely something I'll try because I don't want 3gb of files in my FG folder.

However, there's a lot of people who won't have this knowledge.

Also, I've got 500 lines of file paths I still need to edit.

RegEx for the win...

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    Yeah. It's definitely something I'll try because I don't want 3gb of files in my FG folder.

However, there's a lot of people who won't have this knowledge.

Also, I've got 500 lines of file paths I still need to edit.
    I use a windows tool called "Hard Link Shell" and it has some other options than just the standard windows shortcut. It's pretty good about making anything see one of it's symlink types.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Currently, all my links in AudioOverseer point to c:\users\<username>\music\playlists\.... so Im guessin that these are the references that need to be changed.

At the moment though, I cannot call C:\Games\Fantasy Grounds Unity\Playlists\Peaceful.m3u so I'll worry about changing the links once i have a working PoC. Anyone got this working?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    The security update prevented access to local files stored on the computer. External links still work.
    vlc://file:///c:/temp/Fire1.wav is a working link, corresponding to a file stored on my c:/ disk though. So I don't understand what is the problem.

Thread Information