5E Character Create Playlist
Page 57 of 91 First ... 747555657585967 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    The following image shows both circumstances. In the first (genuine roll from character sheet), nothing triggers, whereas in the second (text entered into chat in debug mode) the sound trigger works as intended

Attachment 45950.

In case it helps, this is the trigger dialogue

Attachment 45951
    I need to see the debug from the above type situation.

Also, make sure that the players are able to see GM dice rolls. It will only trigger if players can see it.
    Last edited by celestian; April 21st, 2021 at 20:10.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I need to see the debug from the above type situation.

Also, make sure that the players are able to see GM dice rolls. It will only trigger if players can see it.
    I can confirm that GM rolls are turned on, and there are no other extensions loaded. I'm at a loss as to what you need to see from debug as there is nothing there when the trigger doesn't resolve. When it does resolve correctly (when the trigger is typed into chat via debug mode) the following appears in chat as posted previously

Capture4.JPG

This image shows both chat and console with trigger open.

Capture5.JPG

I can confirm that GM rolls are turned on, and there are no other extensions loaded. I'm at a loss as to what you need to see from debug as there is nothing there when the trigger doesn't resolve. When it does resolve correctly (when the trigger is typed into chat via debug mode) the following appears in chat as posted previously

Capture4.JPG

This image shows both chat and console with trigger open.

Capture5.JPG
    If there is no debug output when you trigger the action/ability then it's not matching. It seems pretty clear from your SS that it's 2 lines, name on one, the action text output on another.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If there is no debug output when you trigger the action/ability then it's not matching. It seems pretty clear from your SS that it's 2 lines, name on one, the action text output on another.
    Agreed, but as I said earlier if I increase the width of the chat window the output is all on one line. Even in that case the trigger does not activate so I believe it is something more fundamentally related to the character name handle that isn't being picked up.

EDIT: I have also just set up a trigger which ONLY checks for a character name and this does not trigger either (and nothing in debug console) so the extension code is not seeing the character names at all. As expected, the trigger responds if the name is typed in chat in debug mode (and expected entry in console).

This is the main reason I was asking if anyone has managed to get a character name trigger to work as I believe there is a fundamental issue with this.
    Last edited by Noelus; April 21st, 2021 at 23:15.

Agreed, but as I said earlier if I increase the width of the chat window the output is all on one line. Even in that case the trigger does not activate so I believe it is something more fundamentally related to the character name handle that isn't being picked up.

EDIT: I have also just set up a trigger which ONLY checks for a character name and this does not trigger either (and nothing in debug console) so the extension code is not seeing the character names at all. As expected, the trigger responds if the name is typed in chat in debug mode (and expected entry in console).

This is the main reason I was asking if anyone has managed to get a character name trigger to work as I believe there is a fundamental issue with this.
    Hi, just wondering if you'd had chance to take a look at this?

Making the chat window wider doesn't change that the text is output from different points in the code and making it a multiple lines or separate calls to onReceive().

I can't speak to your name match failure. I am not sure how the system you are using places that "text" of the character name. All I can tell you is that the system matches the text sent through the onReceive chat functions from CoreRPG. If the text goes through that system and matches what you've set as a trigger the logs will show the actions it's performing.
    ---

How do you install this modul ?

Quote Originally Posted by CC112 View Post
    How do you install this modul ?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...and-extensions
    ---

Thanks man, but sadly it still doesn't work for me. Im not sure im doing it right at all. Cant seem to find the extensions. Is it the same ad XML files? be course they dont work for me.

Good Day CC112
    Can you see the MOD and EXT downloads on the first page? That is where you will download them and then place them in the appropriate folders.
    If you do not see them, make sure your Forum is set to to FGResponsive in the lower left corner of the page.

Thread Information