DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 41 of 91 First ... 31394041424351 ... Last
    Apologies if I'm being a bit of noob here but I'm having some trouble with getting AudioOverseer to work correctly.
    I have it all set up in my campaign and I've set up some sounds and triggers, and these all work really well on my version of FGU, but when a player connects and triggers a sound via the Chat Window, they don't get any sounds playing on their PC.
    I've set it all up to use local sound files, rather than Syrinscape, but we have checked to ensure that the player PC has all the correct sound files in exactly the same location as I do on the DM PC, and that there is a default player set up which can run the sound files.
    Has anyone else seen this problem or know how to resolve it?

My details are as follows:
    Windows 10
    FGU Standard v4.0.0 (2022-09-03)
    AudioOverseer v1.23
    Ruleset 5e

So have I got the wrong end of the stick here?
    In FG classic we used the DOE Sound extension, and when using this if any sound was triggered it would play on all the clients (as long as they have the sound files in the correct location, and a default sound player configured), is this not the same with AO?

I think you will have to configure a virtual audio driver to make it audible for your players, since it does not play at their machines.
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

Triggers not working, but words directly in chat are

Celestian, this is awesome! It took me awhile to get things working on a mac with needing to create an app to kick off separate instances of VLC for each sound file in a Collection. Not ideal, but that is a Mac limitation.

I am using FGU (latest update), 5E ruleset on 2019 Macbook running macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

My issue is that I have created a simple Critical Hit trigger using %[CRITICAL HIT%], but it doesn't trigger. With debug enabled, Console shows no activity at all when a critical hit is rolled. When I type [CRITICAL HIT] and press Return in chat it appears in a GM speech bubble but the intended sound is indeed triggered and Console shows the following. I also tried the word Attack assuming every attack would trigger, whether a hit or miss, but it does not trigger at all with any attack dice roll. Typing the word Attack in chat and pressing Return does indeed trigger the sound.Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.17.14 PM.png

Thank you for all the work you have put in and shared!

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedNinja View Post
    Celestian, this is awesome! It took me awhile to get things working on a mac with needing to create an app to kick off separate instances of VLC for each sound file in a Collection. Not ideal, but that is a Mac limitation.

I am using FGU (latest update), 5E ruleset on 2019 Macbook running macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

My issue is that I have created a simple Critical Hit trigger using %[CRITICAL HIT%], but it doesn't trigger. With debug enabled, Console shows no activity at all when a critical hit is rolled. When I type [CRITICAL HIT] and press Return in chat it appears in a GM speech bubble but the intended sound is indeed triggered and Console shows the following. I also tried the word Attack assuming every attack would trigger, whether a hit or miss, but it does not trigger at all with any attack dice roll. Typing the word Attack in chat and pressing Return does indeed trigger the sound.Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.17.14 PM.png

Thank you for all the work you have put in and shared!
    Make sure you have the option enabled for players to see GM rolls.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

GM Rolls were on, but what was happening is I was rolling a Player attack in a single GM instance, which did hide the roll as you suspected was the issue. So I started a second instance and had this second Player instance do the attack and all worked fine! Again Celestian, thanks for offering this to us! I will put this to use tomorrow night. I am running local files and I am not sure I want to ask all my players to have all the local files on their computers so I was going to just have the files on my computer and have the volume set so they will hear it through our Google Meet session.

This brings up a question: If my Player 2 rolls a Critical Hit, will my GM instance recognize and play the AO Critical Hit sound, or will the Player 2 computer since they rolled?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedNinja View Post
    I am running local files and I am not sure I want to ask all my players to have all the local files on their computers so I was going to just have the files on my computer and have the volume set so they will hear it through our Google Meet session.
    I've never tested this so not sure it would even work. The system assumes you stream/push the audio to the players either using something like Syrinscape Online or VLC Stream or Cleanfeed.org.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So, I am trying to use this, but, my players arent hearing the SyrinScape Ambients that I am playing. Im not sure what I am missing. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by SanguinemUK View Post
    So, I am trying to use this, but, my players arent hearing the SyrinScape Ambients that I am playing. Im not sure what I am missing. Can anyone help?
    Fantasy Grounds does not natively support playing sound files. Because of that...The system assumes you stream/push the audio to the players either using something like Syrinscape Online or VLC Stream or Cleanfeed.org.
    ---

Thread Information