Starfinder Playlist
Page 40 of 91 First ... 3038394041425090 ... Last
    When I use Syrin scape online it open a new google tab every new sounds I play. Can I change this ? And does it stream the sound on fgu this way ?

Quote Originally Posted by xeale View Post
    When I use Syrin scape online it open a new google tab every new sounds I play. Can I change this ? And does it stream the sound on fgu this way ?
    Read the first post. Follow the debug process after that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Ive already done that. My problem is that players dont ear songs even when I manually click on PLay. And with online syrinscape it open a new internet window everytimes a song is played, wich im the only one one to ear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xeale View Post
    Ive already done that. My problem is that players dont ear songs even when I manually click on PLay. And with online syrinscape it open a new internet window everytimes a song is played, wich im the only one one to ear.
    I believe Celestian needs you to verify these steps and then post the requested info;
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you are still having problems:
    • Download the latest version and remove all "folders" of the same name of this extension in the extensions folder.
    • Disable ALL OTHER EXTENSIONS except AudioOverseer.
    • If triggering sounds is a problem, make sure GM rolls are set to SHOW in Campaign Settings.
    • Enable debug output "/ao debug enable"
    • Type "/console"
    • If Trigger issues: Type the text in chat of the trigger you'd like to activate and review the debug output.
    • If still Trigger or general sounds not playing: Click "Play" on a sound. (click a sound link)
    • Review that output to see why sound is not playing.
    • If you are still unable to resolve why your sound isn't playing copy the output from the Console.
    • Create a post here and paste the console output into in with your question.
    • Note the operating system, version of FG (FGU or FGC), ruleset and version of ruleset and exact procedure you are trying to play a sound.
    • NOTE THE VERSION OF FG AT THE TOP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just want to be sure. It sounds like you are not using multi-channel broadcasting into discord? You are just clicking on it?
    Syrinscape has 3 options, bring a web page up, (The one you have selected?), play from the local app, or play from Syrinscape ONLINE.

Fantasy grounds DOES NOT have a native sound program that gets pushed to the players.

You have to set it up to pipe through your speakers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heqsf6JfCyI
    https://youtu.be/9U3TRoS3gpM

or set up ONLY syrinscape and have you players log in:
    https://youtu.be/vfdider-rOQ
    Last edited by arcanjl; August 14th, 2020 at 19:47.

Have you looked at working directly with Tabletop Audio? I see you have limited local support, so that works for the pre-generated ambient music, but not any custom ones. Would the link function work with AO? I am currently using FGU.
    Here is an example of a link from TTA.

Thanks a bunch
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Blog Entries
    First off Celestial ... excellent work on this extension, so thank you for your efforts!

Now that FGU for LX is working I need to put some serious thought into jumping onboad. To do this getting my sounds shifted from FGC and DOE Sounds is going to be a BIG part!

All my sounds are local files (mp3, ogg), and I have noticed that you've already mentioned using the file:// handle, and because of that I tried:
    screenshot_FGU_sounds_SFX-short.jpg
    Code:
    /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/action-surge.ogg
    it worked!!! Audio overseer calls up my default music player to play the music file. This is a great start ... buuuuuuuut it is also slightly off where I need to go.

Let me try to explain better. For myself I spool sound from the point of view of ambient music/sounds, short sound effects (SFX), and long SFX. In the world of FGC and DOE sounds I would do the following:

NOTE: FGC in linux was via the application called "wine" and therefore wineconsole was the means to get FGC to execute the command from the command line. In FGU I am expecting to remove all references like: "wineconsole cmd /c start /unix".

ambient music/sounds
    screenshot_FGC_DOE-Sounds_ambiance.jpg
    Sound String: /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/ambiance/cmd-files/clockwork-tower-1.cmd
    contents of the above file is:
    Code:
    wineconsole cmd /c start /unix /usr/bin/vlc file:///home//crimsonnib//DnD//Music//ambiance//clockwork-tower-1.ogg
    short sound effects
    screenshot_FGC_DOE-Sounds_SFX-short.jpg
    Sound String: /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge.cmd
    Code:
    wineconsole cmd /c  start /unix /usr/bin/mplayer -volume 100 -ao jack:noconnect  file:///home//crimsonnib//DnD//Music//SFX//action-surge.ogg
    long sound effects
    Sound String: /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/bell-church.cmd
    Code:
    wineconsole cmd /c start /unix /usr/bin/smplayer file:///home//crimsonnib//DnD//Music//SFX//bell_church-1.ogg
    <screenshot for this would look identical to the one I used for "short sound effects">

What is the difference between the 3 items I mentioned above? The difference is within the single line that makes up the contents of the .cmd file. In each of those 3 samples I am spooling the audio file to a different audio player:
    - For ambient music I spool to VLC
    - For short SFX I spool to MPLAYER which is headless (i.e. no GUI opens and the sounds just spools out via the sound card)
    - For long SFX I spool to SMPLAYER which allows me to STOP the sound whereever I feel appropriate

Why 3 different audio players? Because within LX I can send the output from each player as a separate track to a digital mixer. Because it's a separate track, I can tie each to a volume fader on the mixer. This allows me to make separate and fast volume adjustments between ambiant, SFX and my microphone. Important when you are forced to share desktop screen realestate between audio player GUIs and FG. Finally because this is an audio mixer, I can mix all those tracks into one output which is fed back into my online voice app (i.e. discord, teamspeak, mumble, etc.).

I know that the above 2 paragraphs aren't so relevant to audio overseer, I only mention them as context. Ok, so what am I looking for from your extension?

With DOE sounds I was able to enter the path to a script that would execute a commandline command which would execute/spool to 1 of the 3 audio players (i.e. the .cmd file mentioned above). I would like to be able to continue to do this with audio overseer. To that end I've tried changing my .cmd file to .txt, .bat, .sh ... thinking that maybe a certain file extension might do the trick:
    Code:
    /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge.cmd
    /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge.bat
    /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge.txt
    /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge.sh
    /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge
    Nope! None work, on clicking the play icon, each of the above entries just opens the file in my default text editor (i.e. notepad). I also tried changing the contents of the files mentioned above to something like:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/mplayer -volume 100 -ao jack:noconnect /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/action-surge.ogg
    And when i run that script from the commandline it spools as i want:
    Code:
    crimsonnib@dagobah:~/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files$ ./action-surge1.sh 
    MPlayer 1.3.0 (Debian), built with gcc-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
    do_connect: could not connect to socket
    connect: No such file or directory
    Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/action-surge.ogg.
    libavformat version 57.83.100 (external)
    libavformat file format detected.
    [lavf] stream 0: audio (vorbis), -aid 0
    Load subtitles in /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/
    ==========================================================================
    Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
    libavcodec version 57.107.100 (external)
    AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, floatle, 160.0 kbit/5.67% (ratio: 20000->352800)
    Selected audio codec: [ffvorbis] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg Vorbis)
    ==========================================================================
    AO: [jack] 48000Hz 2ch floatle (4 bytes per sample)
    [Mixer] No hardware mixing, inserting volume filter.
    Video: no video
    Starting playback...
    A:   2.1 (02.0) of 2.4 (02.3)  0.8% 

Exiting... (End of file)
    But when I point Source 1 to /home/crimsonnib/DnD/Music/SFX/cmd-files/action-surge1.sh, it only opens the file in a text editor.

Long story short, is there something within the OverSeer source that can be tweaked to allow the commandline execution of files like the mentioned above. I think the WINDOWS equivalent of what I've been trying to do would be .bat (batch) or .ps (powershell) files.

Cheers and thanks for all your excellent extensions, as well as apologies to drop this on you.

@skj310 So, the limitation is what FG will let us do. Currently it only support uri style commands. I expect the reason the .sh one works is because thats the default "open with" for that filetype?

Playing files locally is really hacky currently because FG doesn't allow you to say... configure a command line and use that for "triggers" and another for "collections". If I am wrong someone please do tell me but to the best of my knowledge all I can do is force windows to open the file with whatever is the default app for it. I suspect the reason they do not allow the API to do that is to keep extensions from doing "bad" things to your PC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    thanks for getting back to me Celestial, and shoot!

ok, i'll dig more and see what i might work out. perhaps there's another way, just need to refine my google-fu. will let you know.

perhaps I ought to mention something to the developers? hmmmm....

Blog Entries
    Hmmm ... not the best solution at the moment ... but I suppose i can convert all my ambiant sounds to ogg sound files and then make VLC the default for ogg filetypes. I think:
    Code:
    for f in ./*.mp3; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:a libvorbis -q:a 4 "${f/%mp3/ogg}"; done
    Should do the trick for that.

For a long vs short sound effect ... i can keep them mp3 and have them spool to a default SMPLAYER ... not totally ideal, although do-able.

But why do I like being able to call up a script that references an audio player? Well I like it because i can do things like:
    Code:
    mplayer -volume 100 -ao jack:noconnect file:///home//crimsonnib//DnD//Music//SFX//action-surge.ogg
    Because I can tell mplayer to use jack as my sound engine (instead of the default), which allows me to use alternate track / sinks / virtualcables (however u want to call it), and it allows me to setup a volume level specific to the file? This is particularly useful for short SFX files where the audio levels might be low and so i can boost them without needing to mess around with the sound file? Why? Because the SFX is too quick for me to catch with a volume fader while it's being spooled.

Anyway at the moment I can't get this to work, and am going to call it for a time. Setting a default sound player for a sound extension type might be what i need to console myself with for the time. Perhaps I'll reach out to @LordEntrails and see how he's going. I think his windows / virtual cable / discord setup is similar in idea to my linux methods.

Thread Information