FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 74 of 91 First ... 2464727374757684 ... Last
    I noticed that after this last update, simply clicking "play link" and having the source point (via path) to an mp3 no longer brings up VLC and plays the file. It has been working fine. Might this be affected by the URL blocking FG referred to in the notes? Thanks!

Edit: I assume it is this bullet: "The following URL types called via APIs or user chat will be blocked automatically: non-well-formed URLs, file/data scheme URLs, relative URLs."
    Last edited by nephranka; January 5th, 2022 at 01:41.

I can confirm that local files will no longer play. Is there any chance this can be fixed? This awesome extension that I've used in every session for two years just became useless to me if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Merecraft View Post
    I can confirm that local files will no longer play. Is there any chance this can be fixed? This awesome extension that I've used in every session for two years just became useless to me if not.
    Same here. It has been a part of my sessions for a very long time!

The extension still works for me as of today's update.

I received a notification from FGs yesterday asking to allow URLs to be accessed when I tried triggering Syrinscape. I granted it access and it still works.

EDIT: That said, be sure you swap Syrinscapes' Output audio in Windows Settings from Audio Cable to something else then back to the Audio Cable. I also, noticed inside syrinscape, if you change the audio from Stereo to something else and back to stereo, that also fixes things for me. Bug with syrinscape perhaps?
    Last edited by sinprime; January 5th, 2022 at 14:20.
    Twitch | Twitter | YouTube
    DM | FGU Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sinprime View Post
    The extension still works for me as of today's update.

I received a notification from FGs yesterday asking to allow URLs to be accessed when I tried triggering Syrinscape. I granted it access and it still works.

EDIT: That said, be sure you swap Syrinscapes' Output audio in Windows Settings from Audio Cable to something else then back to the Audio Cable. I also, noticed inside syrinscape, if you change the audio from Stereo to something else and back to stereo, that also fixes things for me. Bug with syrinscape perhaps?
    Yes, it's local files that no longer play. Not syrinscape files.

Quote Originally Posted by Merecraft View Post
    Yes, it's local files that no longer play. Not syrinscape files.
    I'll review this tonight but if Smiteworks changed URL functionality there is probably not much I can do. I am not sure why they would as this was something thats worked since FGC and simply instructs the OS to open a file you have associated with the extension.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'll review this tonight but if Smiteworks changed URL functionality there is probably not much I can do. I am not sure why they would as this was something thats worked since FGC and simply instructs the OS to open a file you have associated with the extension.
    It was a security fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    It was a security fix.
    I know what they were fixing but they also seem to have broken functionality thats been in since FGC. If there is a security risk with opening a file the user put on the machine with a windows app configured by the user then we're all doomed.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yes, looks like the proverbial sledgehammer to crack a nut. Hopefully they can review the situation or add exemptions for MP3 and waves.

I would take the popup "yes to all" option the others have at this point.

Thread Information