FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Selecting the corresponding combat tracker entry from the token on the map

Roll20 convert here. New to posting on the forums - been reading a ton of threads as I get to know things though. Bought the ultimate license I think last month and have been pouring over documentation and getting to know things. Absolutely loving it so far - running 3 different campaigns now all through FG - 2 in person, 1 remote.

Got a quick question (not even sure if I'm in the right section of the forums here...)-

I know you can double click on an entry in the combat tracker to bring up the associated token on whatever map it's currently on.
    I'm wondering if you can do the opposite - go from the token on the map and do something to to get to the corresponding entry in the combat tracker. I haven't been able to find this posted anywhere.

Thanks!

Hi daddyogreman welcome to FG.

If you double click on a token on the map you will open the relevant sheet (whether PC or NPC) but it doesn't select the entry on the CT.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I'm not real sure as I dont use it, but does the 5E Enhancer community extension add this capability?

Edit: this would only be for the 5E ruleset though...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'll have to check it out. Was hoping for core functionality - running two pathfinder campaigns and one 5E campaign. Either way it's not the end of the world, just would be nice to have.

I am not familiar with extensions but CoreRPG and 5e do not have that functionality built in. The AD&D ruleset does however. If someone needs assistance on writing a extension for the community I'd be happy to point them in the right direction code wise.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I am not familiar with extensions but CoreRPG and 5e do not have that functionality built in. The AD&D ruleset does however. If someone needs assistance on writing a extension for the community I'd be happy to point them in the right direction code wise.

I'd love that. Just want an option to alt-click or shift-click or whatever on a token on the map to select the corresponding entry in the combat tracker. Would love for it to work for any ruleset. I've only dabbled a bit thus far with a couple token modules I've made for myself, as well as a module I'm exporting to just flesh out a few story entries and the like to use across my Pathfinder campaigns. Just copied a couple more community modules that I'm looking at modifying to suit my needs.

I've cracked open a simpler extension (the moon tracker one by Andraax) just to have a look around but that's the only thing I've dune thus far with any extensions aside from using a few community ones in my games. I've got a few programming languages under my belt, but lua ain't one of 'em.

Then again, with Unity looming around the corner (I think?), I'm wondering if it's a bit of a waste of time to get to know how things work in Classic. Not sure how similar (if at all) things are going to be for modules, extensions and the like for something as ultimately as trivial and not really needed as this.
    I DO remember reading that all of your purchased content will work in either, but I don't remember seeing anything about modules/extensions/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Then again, with Unity looming around the corner (I think?), I'm wondering if it's a bit of a waste of time to get to know how things work in Classic. Not sure how similar (if at all) things are going to be for modules, extensions and the like for something as ultimately as trivial and not really needed as this.
    I DO remember reading that all of your purchased content will work in either, but I don't remember seeing anything about modules/extensions/etc.
    Extensions may or may not work in Unity; it rather depends on what they do. The extension authors will no doubt be looking to upgrade them once the Unity code is finalised.

I'm not sure what the use case would be for clicking on a token and having the CT entry highlighted. The CT is the thing that is used for combat so that is what determines the next actor's turn. Clicking on tokens and having that change the highlighted actor on the CT is going to get seriously confusing and create a lot of work resetting the next actor etc.

The extension that is mentioned above will only work in 5e and I whole heartedly don't recommend it to a new user since it changes way too much of how FG works. I'd recommend getting to know how FG works and use the software as intended before you go ahead looking for extensions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure what the use case would be for clicking on a token and having the CT entry highlighted. The CT is the thing that is used for combat so that is what determines the next actor's turn. Clicking on tokens and having that change the highlighted actor on the CT is going to get seriously confusing and create a lot of work resetting the next actor etc.
    The way it works in the AD&D ruleset is slides the viewport in the CT to the token clicked on map and then it places an indicator on it in the CT so you know which one it is you have clicked on in the map. It wouldn't move the "who has initiative" selection. I did this because there were a lot of times I needed to know which token was what in the CT from the map view. If I had 15 orcs on the map it was hard to find the CT entry.

That was my use case, not sure what the OP is looking for.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information