DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Suggested first PF2 adventure?

I proposed running a PF2 campaign for a relative and I'm wondering whether I should convert a PF2 adventure/module/society play or buy a PF2 adventure/module/path?

I've never been a Pathfinder game master, except for one failed and aborted homebrew campaign. But I have played PF2 a few sessions, D&D 2.0, Champions, PF1, and have read the entire PF2 core rulebook cover to cover. I have successfully been GM for Middle Earth game systems, including one years long campaign (not written by me).

As for my relative's preferences: he likes both skillful role-play and tactical combat, but gets frustrated if role-playing results in less combat, and he prefers non-generic fantasy as well as horror (we differ on horror, which I'm not a fan of). He's heavily played D&D 5E and two different Middle Earth systems.

I suppose it depends on whether you actually want this to become a long-term campaign or just some quick games to get to know the system.
    "Fall of Plaguestone" and "Age of Ashes" are both well written, and they have a good mix of RP and combat.
    "Fall of Plaguestone" is a medium duration adventure, "Age of Ashes" is rather long-term (it's an Adventure Path, so it can easily take a few years, depending on how often you play).

For short-term content, PFS scenarios are a good choice, although due to their time-slot-based design, RP sometimes takes a backseat. For those, I'd suggest "The Absalom Initiation" or any of the Tier 1-4 quests. These offer a good mix of game styles and give a nice overview of the rules and the game world.

Will your relative be the only player, oris he just the one who asked you to run these games? In case he is the only player, keep in mind all the official products are written for parties of 4 PCs, so for a solo adventurer, you'd have to turn the difficulty down a bit, otherwise it can quickly end bad for him
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Unfortunately, this is a SPAM post. A few posts, from different accounts, came from the same IP address in India this morning. I thought I got all of them, but obliviously not.

Sorry you spent some time replying to a spammer @Malkavian_Andi. I'll ban the user, but leave the thread up as others may find it useful.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I say, those posts are quite convincing. I wonder if they copy posts from other forums.
    But as you mentioned, my reply can still be useful for people having similar questions.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Thread Information