Starfinder Playlist

Got new PC, transferred folders, failing connection test

I got a new PC, downloaded FG, transferred campaign, extensions, modules, characters folders- but I fail the connection test and others can't join my game. Everything still works fine on the laptop I originally installed on. Do I need to deactivate the license key? What could the issue be?

Blog Entries
    Hey AceJustice

If you manually setup Port Forwarding on your Router then you need to update the rule and point it to your new computers IP address instead of the old ones,
    If the router auto configured itself then turn off your old PC, reboot your Router, reboot your new PC and then run the Connection test.
    Also go thru the checklist in Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained post

Hey there, my friends and I have been playing for a while now but today out of the blue we all cannot connect to eachother.
    I understand the port forwarding requirement and we had that all set but it seems not only can they not connect to my game but we tried each connecting to the others hosted game and nothing worked.

Problem with the recent update?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey AceJustice

If you manually setup Port Forwarding on your Router then you need to update the rule and point it to your new computers IP address instead of the old ones,
    If the router auto configured itself then turn off your old PC, reboot your Router, reboot your new PC and then run the Connection test.
    Also go thru the checklist in Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained post
    thanks damned- working my way through the connections explained post. Going to try and restart the gateway as well. I am on Xfinity Gateway modem/router and it configured automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by duke19 View Post
    Hey there, my friends and I have been playing for a while now but today out of the blue we all cannot connect to eachother.
    I understand the port forwarding requirement and we had that all set but it seems not only can they not connect to my game but we tried each connecting to the others hosted game and nothing worked.

Problem with the recent update?
    Check your FG computer's IP hasn't changed. Routers use Dynamic DCHP at default unless you tell it otherwise and if that DHCP assigns an IP to your computer on a 3 month lease, thats means everything works good with FG for 3 months then at the end of 3 months the "DYNAMIC" DHCP assigns your computer a "new" IP but it doesn't change the Port Forward (thats the humans job)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information