STAR TREK 2d20

FG Unity Playtest Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

I just downloaded the general playlets, freaking awesome job already!!! So excited for the full release.

However, I do have one issue that also existed in the classic version...

I am a software developer, so I have docker and virtual machines setup on my system. That means I have virtual network devices that are part of the system.

The issue is, FG Unity will pick an IP address from them seemingly randomly. It would be great if I could pick from a list when hosting a game. Is that possible to add or consider?

Blog Entries
    It can be added to the wishlist if it's not already there; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

In the meantime, there is a way to re-order/prioritize your network connection, FG will take the first one. Not sure how to do it on a Mac but I'm guessing you do?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Suggested. I didn't see anything similar.

I do have ways to work around it, but it can be annoying especially when rushing to setup a game. Thanks for the quick response.

Another question, again from my Mac, trying to host a game, but its not showing in the lobby. Is there a bug in the FGU Mac version around this, or is it more than selecting host, picking a game, and clicking on public/cloud and clicking start?

Blog Entries
    Yea, it's a known issue that the Mac client doesn't work with cloud games, you have to run them as local (or is it the other way around?)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Since I can't get local games to work either between two Macs maybe both are an issue?

The local server on Mac is not working in the Live build, but the cloud server should work as long as it doesn't hang and say duplicate server.

We have a version in the Dev channel right now which is built using another networking engine, that we're working the kinks out on where the local and cloud server options should work on the Mac.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by sthibault View Post
    Since I can't get local games to work either between two Macs maybe both are an issue?
    The cloud works with my Macs on the LIVE channel and Local works on the DEV channel.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information