FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 25 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

@mattekure

Is it still recommended to use the stripped down version mentioned in post 2?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    @mattekure

Is it still recommended to use the stripped down version mentioned in post 2?
    With the massive performance improvements in unity lately it is no longer needed. If you are experiencing really long old times you can try the stripped down version but I expect most users will not need to
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    With the massive performance improvements in unity lately it is no longer needed. ...
    That's what I was thinking. I've been tinkering with FGU more recently and it is vastly improved over months ago.

I'd just like to put in plug here for these extensions plus Syrinscape Online.

Here's my review from DMSGuild which describes our experience getting it going and running our first few sessions using it:

I've been looking into various options for integrating sounds with my Fantasy Grounds Unity games and I finally settled on Syrinscape Online plus these extensions. It's not the cheapest, but it was BY FAR the best of the ones I tried.

A short version of what it does:
    - You have the Syrinscape online player running alongside your game (your players need to install and run the player too, but it is a free download for them).

- You can select a wide variety of predefined soundscapes in Syrinscape Online. You get access to a few for free, can buy more or can subscribe monthly to get access to everything. They have a LOT of good packs - for example, most of the 5E campaign packs have associated soundscapes ready to run. About to send a party into Tresendar Manor cellars in Phandalin? There's already a set of mixes to give ambient sounds, creaks, wind, groans and music set up for you. You can change anything you want, for example playing different music over the top and you can upload your own, too.

- What these extensions give you is a way to trigger all that from links inside Fantasy Grounds, making it easy to pin the sound mixes you want to use to the maps and stories during prep. Then it's a single mouse click inside FG to go from "pleasant woodland" to "battle the bugbears". Syrinscape does a nice cross-fade for you and you are away.

- The Chat triggers adds a whole new dimension by looking for suitable phrases in the chat record and triggering sounds automatically, all already programmed in so you don't have to. An arrow hit sounds different from a sword hit, casting Vicious Mockery sounds different from firing off a lightning bolt.

It is SUCH an easy way to increase immersion and provide great (and easily changeable) soundscapes with minimal additional overhead for the GM in terms of prep time.

It does take some set-up (for Mac users you'll need Syrinscape Bridge too, which is a free download) and you need everyone who wants to have the soundscape to install the Syrinscape online player; you could do it via virtual cables into Discord but that has its own problems (Discord regards subtle soundscape sounds as compressible noise and blanks them, often).

But my two online gaming groups got it all set up within a few minutes, and we thoroughly enjoyed our first session of built-in sound effects for critical hits, natural 1's, dying foes and fireballs exploding. It's well worth the work and the money if you want to give your players a top-quality experience without incurring huge amounts of GM prep time.

Thoroughly recommended.

Hywel
    Last edited by HywelPhillips; November 21st, 2020 at 01:28.

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    I'd just like to put in plug here for these extensions plus Syrinscape Online.

Hywel
    Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hi there I have downloaded and installed from DMsG this morning. I've got everything working. The Chat Triggers I can get to work if I program one from scratch. I have also bought and installed the Chat Triggers mod from DMsG but the chat triggers list remains empty - I can't see any of the triggers, other than the ones I have programmed myself. When FG launches I can see I have Syrinscape Online Sounds 1.15 loaded. In Data Module Activation I can see I have Syrinscape Soundlinks module loaded but I cannot see the Chat Trigger Module in the list (Loaded or Unloaded). Am I missing a step to make this Mod visible/loadable?

I'm on Win10 and using the Pathfinder Core Ruleset in FG.

Quote Originally Posted by wardrake View Post
    Hi there I have downloaded and installed from DMsG this morning. I've got everything working. The Chat Triggers I can get to work if I program one from scratch. I have also bought and installed the Chat Triggers mod from DMsG but the chat triggers list remains empty - I can't see any of the triggers, other than the ones I have programmed myself. When FG launches I can see I have Syrinscape Online Sounds 1.15 loaded. In Data Module Activation I can see I have Syrinscape Soundlinks module loaded but I cannot see the Chat Trigger Module in the list (Loaded or Unloaded). Am I missing a step to make this Mod visible/loadable?

I'm on Win10 and using the Pathfinder Core Ruleset in FG.
    Aha - I see if I create a 5e game that everything works. It must be a pathfinder incompatibility

Quote Originally Posted by wardrake View Post
    Aha - I see if I create a 5e game that everything works. It must be a pathfinder incompatibility
    Thanks for the heads up. Its not really a compatibility issue, it was simply me forgetting to set the Ruleset to Any after exporting. I am uploading new copies today that should load in any ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Its not really a compatibility issue, it was simply me forgetting to set the Ruleset to Any after exporting. I am uploading new copies today that should load in any ruleset.
    That did the trick. I realise many of the triggers will be different esp. on spells but it loads now

Thread Information