FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last

MK Syrinscape Sound Links module

This extension and associated module make it easy to trigger Syrinscape sounds from within Fantasy Grounds. This extension is compatible with both the Syrinscape Online and Genre players (Fantasy & Sci-Fi). They are available for purchase on the DMsGuild website. Future updates to this extension and module will be free for purchasers. I currently plan on updating the sound module at least quarterly depending on Syrinscapes release schedule.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301...iate_id=712946

This and future releases are compatible with both FG Classic and FG Unity.

MAC Users For those trying to get Syrinscape links working with FGU and Macs, one of our awesome community members created a utility to make it work. Check it out at https://github.com/Moroverse/syrinscape_bridge/releases

The most recent version has been significantly update from the original released version. I made a video showing how to use the new version. Check it out for a nice overview.

Notable Changes
    * Soundlinks are no longer stored as Story Entries. All sounds are now their own data record.
    * New Banner. All of the sounds are now stored in the Syrinscape Sounds data banner. You can enable it from the Library window.
    * New Module. There is now only 1 module. The module has both the Syrinscape Online and Syrinscape Genre player soundlinks.
    * Option to toggle Syrinscape Online or Syrinscape Genre players (Fantasy or Sci-Fi)
    * Play/Stop links. Each sound has new play/stop buttons. These buttons can be dragged to a story entry to make a clickable link to start the sound.
    * Auth Token stored only once per machine. The Auth token is now stored in a way that you only have to do it once per machine. Once done, it will be available and used in every campaign run from that machine. If your auth token changes, you can just store it again.

v1.12 Added option to allow chat triggers to include the name of the speaker in the check. Modified trigger records to allow multiple triggers for the same sound.
    IMPORTANT: Due to a data bug in previous versions, some trigger records may cause an error when loaded. It appears that the bug was caused because the previous versions did not correctly save the value of the option "Use Lua Patterns". To resolve the bug, unlock the record, and relock it. That will force the record to update. If you have triggers from a module that were previously exported, they will need to be re-exported.

CSV Import instructions video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0hbxNOVSs

Chat Trigger instructions video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6GNCO7Mtlk

FG Unity Note: This extension and module are compatible with Unity. However, I have noticed that the first time you try to open the Syrinscape Sounds window, it takes Unity a long time to process the data. I thought it crashed at first, but it did take a couple of minutes. I am hoping that this performance issue will be resolved as it does not have this behavior in FG Classic.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mattekure; August 12th, 2020 at 22:56.

***NEW***
    Custom Sound Module Generation

Fantasy Grounds currently has performance issues with automated generation of large numbers of new sound links. This limitation causes the CSV import option to be unable to process more than a few hundred new records without either crashing or freezing. This limitation also makes it very difficult for individuals who have created many new items in the Syrinscape SoundsetCreator. If they have more than the limit, then the CSV process will simply not work for them.

I have been working on an alternative method which resolves all of these issues. I have created a website utility to generate your own custom sound links module directly from your Syrinscape CSV download. Today I am making the website live for people to use. Instructions for use are on the website.

https://mattekure.com/Syrin2FG/

The benefits of using the website are that the sound module generated includes only the Syrinscape sound links that you own. It will not contain any dead links for products not included in your subscription, or not purchased. Also, it will contain all of the links to any sounds created in the Syrinscape Online Soundset creator.

For Fantasy Grounds Unity users, if you are experiencing long load times, you also have the option of excluding certain types of sound elements, such as moods, one-shots, music, and sound effects to reduce the size of the sound module. This can result in dramatically quicker load times.
    Last edited by mattekure; April 29th, 2020 at 19:18.

I purchased your mod and read the readme.txt. I put it in the correct folder and loaded a Starfinder campaign and loaded the module in my library. Syrinscape is running and I can hear sounds when I activate them in Syrinscape but not in FGC. I am running on a Mac using the FGC WINE install. Was this mod tested for this type of install?
    FGC Ultimate License, FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D all versions,Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!

I have tested in Starfinder, and they work. But I have no ability to test with a Mac. I suspect there is an issue between WINE and the syrinscape protocol handlers, but I have no way to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I purchased your mod and read the readme.txt. I put it in the correct folder and loaded a Starfinder campaign and loaded the module in my library. Syrinscape is running and I can hear sounds when I activate them in Syrinscape but not in FGC. I am running on a Mac using the FGC WINE install. Was this mod tested for this type of install?
    DMGuild is also pretty good about allowing returns if you cant get it to work, just contact their support and explain that the module is incompatible with your setup.

If this is similar to dulux’s solution then it won’t work on a Mac without a little work around. Below is a link to a write up I did on how to get FG and Syrinscape to work on a Mac through Wine using Dulux’s extension. The only problem is I never found a way to patch the audio through Wine into Discord for example. Maybe when the online player version is available it will work better with Macs as it should allow for links to web addresses.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...scape-on-a-Mac

I believe the underlying method of triggering the URL works the same way that dulux's did. Its an Instance.openWindow() call which triggers it. So it would suffer from the same limitations with Mac, WINE, and those complicated setups.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    DMGuild is also pretty good about allowing returns if you cant get it to work, just contact their support and explain that the module is incompatible with your setup.
    I also have windows computers but I like Macs! No need for a refund but thanks for the suggestion. I will tinker with it and try to install Syrinscape in WINE with FGC.
    FGC Ultimate License, FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D all versions,Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!

Thanks for the prompt and timely responsiveness mattekure.

Just got this extension, and I'm excited to make use of it. I'm using mostly MoreCore and so have been underutilizing Syrinscape up to now. This is a good use of $--offload lots of link management to a paid mod such as this.

I think it might work in FGC on the Mac with the online player when you have that ready, as that is using web urls and I believe the Mac OS will allow that.

Thread Information