5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Get "raw" unfiltered text from field?

Is there any change that FGU will support text field data that is not filtered? I tested to see how it works since FGC has this issue as well. Currently it strips out things like tabs. Which really is a pain to deal with when you want to import something that is almost always separated by tabs.

Currently when you do something like: local sText = importtext.getValue(); you get the text they pasted into the control minus things like tab.

There are similar issues to getting things from the copy buffer in FGC (and I presume FGU but not tested yet).

Could we maybe get a getValueRaw() or something?

Being able to get raw text from a copy buffer would let us import tables much easier, specially if they are already importing html which uses a similar <Table></table>,<b></b>,etc that FG does.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There are no plans to change this in FGU. We have our hands full getting it to be fully backward compatible with the new features already slated.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information