DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Using Extensions And Modules In FGU

Was just wondering if/when the Modules and Extensions we use (like Rob's Stuff) will be available for use in FGU? Or can you use them now? Is there a list anywhere of ones we SHOULDN'T use for FGU?

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

You'll need to test modules bought from a third party source to see if they work yourself.

Same goes for extensions, really. Unity isn't in its final state yet; so I assume most extension builders (at least those thatt intend to make their extensions work in Unity) will be waiting for the code to finalise before trying to get their extension to work.

There is no list. As with all third party content and extensions you use at your own risk.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Modules should generally work just fine, though some might need minor adjustments. Official modules will be supported and updated for FGU as necessary (mainly to support added features of FGU like LoS) and many already have been. Some rulesets still have some problems, as I understand it, but work is ongoing.

For extensions, some might already work, some will need adjustments, and some might even need to be re-written. It's hard to say while FGU is in beta, since the platform is still being developed and changing. I'm sure the extension creators are thinking about this, but many are probably holding off for now until FGU is released, so they don't waste effort in programming for a moving target. The best info about this for each extension will be in those individual extensions' own forum threads.

Installing modules and extensions in FGU works the same as in FGC, so if you're in the beta you can try out whatever extensions and modules you have in FGU and see what happens. As with anything in a beta, YMMV.

All of Rob's coding stuff that I have tried in FGU has worked so far.

where do i place the .ext files in FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxion View Post
    where do i place the .ext files in FGU?
    Assuming you installed to the default locations in the AppData/Roaming/Smiteworks/FantasyGrounds/extensions folder

(You can find the data folder by clicking on the small folder icon on the top left of the FGU start screen)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

i need to know if there is a module builder for dummies? what i need is a way to create NPCs of the PC races to run as 'evil' badys. can you help?
    ********** What I Accept, I Teach **********

Quote Originally Posted by garymichaelduke View Post
    i need to know if there is a module builder for dummies? what i need is a way to create NPCs of the PC races to run as 'evil' badys. can you help?
    The easiest way to do this is to create player characters under your control. To do so just create the character as normal and then right click on the portrait in the Characters window and select take ownership as GM. When you want to use them just drag them onto the Combat Tracker as normal and then click the green skull icon until it is red to make them hostile (PC's are friendly by default).

Alternatively you can make a copy of any NPC by dragging the link icon and dropping it back onto the NPC list. You can then edit the copy adding in a race, changing stats and adding any racial or other abilities that you want.

Blog Entries
    Assuming 5E...
    In addition to Mr Z's method, I believe Rob2E has a module on the DMsGuild with a thousand+ pre-gens, one for each class and race and level. They are generic stats, but easy enough to use. As well I have some 2nd level pregens there and others have various things as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by garymichaelduke View Post
    I'm guessing you're looking for a way to build a module that only you (as DM) can load, and your player's can't see the stats, items, etc, and you can re-use the npcs or add multiples to CT.
    You can do that using the built-in module builder.

Create a new campaign the same as if it's a campaign.
    Add the various NPCs as usual.
    Under Library click Modules.
    Click the Export button.

If you want to add information, such as a reference manual, in the modules window is a Builder button.
    That opens a blank reference creator.
    It's pretty straight-forward after that.

If you get stuck, the wiki will help.

Thread Information