5E Character Create Playlist

D&D 5e Forge Question

I'm trying to make a cloak that gives a +2 to AC when worn, but I can't figure it out. Has anyone ever put a spell on a mundane item like this to make a new magic item? If so, how?

Shane

I am trying to do something similar. I was able to create the magic cloak +2 but I don't know how to add a spell ability to it. Or attack ability if you will.

I am going to log in and see if I can post the instructions on how I added the cloak.

To use the forge you need a mundane item and a magic item template (or templates) to merge with. Also the items must be the same type. So both sides must be a weapon or armour or potion etc.

You cannot merge an item with a spell and you can only merge a spell scroll with another spell scroll.

So in order to create a cloak +2 you would need to merge a cloak with an existing magic item template of a cloak +2 which doesn't exist (and kinda defeats the purpose if it did exist). You can't merge it with Armour +2 since those are not compatible items. You could merge a cloak with two Cloaks of Protection but that gives you a weird result.

For what you want to do the best solution is to create the item as a unique item; that is without using the forge.

If the item can be used to cast a spell then just drag the spell into the item description area and that will create a link to the spell.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Zacchaeus
    Thanks so much for that information. That is absolutely awesome!

EDIT: I'm not having any luck with creating the item or spell combination.
    I tried creating them both and adding to the sheet as well as adding the spell to the item's descriptor(works).
    I can't seem to find a way to add an attack ability onto the PC Sheet.
    I would like it to appear as a spell appears when I drag it's icon from the spell table, or like when I add a weapon and equip it.

Any more assistance would be appreciated. I use a lot of custom magic items with abilities and would love to be able to add that functionality.

Thanks again in advance for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by foolios; January 22nd, 2020 at 23:16.

Got It!

I just learned from a video how you can right click on the item ability box to add spell/ability damage.

NICE!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

jolly Good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The Advanced effects extension is great to create all sorts of special items. I just installed it and frankly, it should be part of basic FG.

Thread Information