5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Turn-based email notifications?

Got kind of a far-flung little tribe on my hands, in different time zones and with very different schedules. Hard to get them all on at the same time. We're considering FG, and are wondering if there is anything in place to email notify someone when it's their turn in initiative order, or even just that there's been a 'move' made in a game in progress, to prompt them to check in.

Blog Entries
    No, nothing I'm aware of. It would have to be a community extension. I suspect the hardest part would be building the SMTP messenger to send the notification out of FG.

Have you considered a PbP (Play by Post) site such as RondaksPortal? Not sure if they have email notification, but it's geared towards turn based text RPGs and included die roll tools.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the forums randomDude777!

FG isn't set up for this type of thing. When players log in they only see the chat data from that point on - so they'd miss all of the previous chat interactions that have gone on when other players were doing "stuff".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the forums randomDude777!

FG isn't set up for this type of thing. When players log in they only see the chat data from that point on - so they'd miss all of the previous chat interactions that have gone on when other players were doing "stuff".
    That sounds like a dealbreaker for us, unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up. bud.

https://rpol.net/ is also ancient and viable option as well.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information