DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Players fear Pathfinder 2e

I am currently converting one of the old 1e Pathfinder Adventure paths to the new Pathfinder 2e.
    The first section went well, one player did die but they were level 1

The second section they found a lot easier, I was suspicious so I double checked the encounters, it seemed I haven't worked out the encounter levels correctly.
    (TIP: If you change the original NPCs in the NPCs section it DOESN'T change the copies in the encounters!)

So I posted to them that I have found an error and would be correcting the encounters. One of my players posted back saying good to see that I was keeping on top of things BUT if I could try to maybe make them a little "easier" as
    he felt the first section was a little dangerous (this wasn't the guy who died)

My Response?

Willot leans back onto his throne of skulls, temples his fingers and smiles his rye grin

*A menacing voice that sounds as if it comes from some dark place beyond reason and thought*

"So. At at last the players fear me and my alliance with my companion of Evil - Pathfinder 2e! Too long have these
    weak fools been coddled by that pathetic rule system D&D 5e! Now they learn the meaning of TRUE power!!"

I did recheck encounters again, and nope they are right for want Paizo wants encounters to be.

I will say this though If you like your roleplay 5e is still best, Pathfinder can be very crunchy.
    But that 3 action encounter mechanic of PF2e just rocks!!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

NPCs in the encounter record aren’t copies, they are links to a normal NPC record. To ensure you’re opening the linked NPC record, click the link in the encounter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    NPCs in the encounter record aren’t copies, they are links to a normal NPC record. To ensure you’re opening the linked NPC record, click the link in the encounter.
    Yep right you are Just made a npc put it in an encounter and changed it, the change came through.
    Thats WEIRD! The NPC's in the encounters werent the same as the ones in the NPC section and I had to change them....
    Only thing I can think of is the Campaign was started originally as a PF1e one and to convert it to PF2e I simply edited it and changed it to PF2e (to save me having to go through and redo all the text.) and then go through and delete and relace items, NPCs etc

Probably fubared something somewhere... OH well it works now
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thread Information