5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries

a little success!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you are using XFinity then you likely won't be able to port forward unless you use the gateway as a bridge to a router that you purchase yourself.
    Hi Zacchaeus, a little success here. I used bridge mode on my modem and I'm able to connect now. But now the problem is the modem turned off my wi-fi in my house to use bridge mode. Do I still need a separate router now to get wifi in my house and use bridge mode? Thank you again for your help.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Hi Zacchaeus, a little success here. I used bridge mode on my modem and I'm able to connect now. But now the problem is the modem turned off my wi-fi in my house to use bridge mode. Do I still need a separate router now to get wifi in my house and use bridge mode? Thank you again for your help.
    Did you have a look at the web page that Trenloe linked in post #16 above. Apparently it is possible to port forward xfinity; the info I gave you might not be terribly accurate.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries

Problem solved!

OK! Finally figured all this stuff out. For those with an Xfinity Gateway modem, it can act as both a modem and router. You have to go in and turn on bridge mode. However, it will turn off your wifi. If you call Xfinity, they will activate a setting on their end to allow both bridge mode and wifi. Thanks for all the advice from everyone on here, it's really appreciated!

Blog Entries

Arghh!!!...it's not fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Did you have a look at the web page that Trenloe linked in post #16 above. Apparently it is possible to port forward xfinity; the info I gave you might not be terribly accurate.
    Lol! Spoke too soon. So when I called Xfinity, I thought they were configuring my modem to be in bridge mode and transmit wifi at the same time. They simply turned my wifi back on and that in turn turned off bridge mode on my modem. Apparently, you can't do both at the same time, but the modem is a modem AND router. I'm all sorts of confused. But in your opinion, if I were to buy a separate router and use my present modem as a bridge, like you suggested above, do you think all this would work?

Have you looked at doing port forwarding in the web page I linked above (post #16)?

As I mentioned in post #6 - port forward to the internal IP address of the GM computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you looked at doing port forwarding in the web page I linked above (post #16)?

As I mentioned in post #6 - port forward to the internal IP address of the GM computer.
    Oh, yes. I forwarded port 1802 to the internal IP address of my computer and was still having problems connecting until I turned on bridge mode on the modem. But that cut off my wifi. Xfinity said I can't be in bridge mode and have wifi at the same time, even though the modem is both modem and router. And that's why I was asking about the extra router to see if I could be in bridge mode for FG and still have a wifi signal in my house.

Yes, put your modem in bridge mode, then buy a personal router for your wifi needs. Forward the port on the modem to your router, then forward the port from the router to your PC.

Blog Entries
    And people uninstall because we're not all Yoda's of computing like you guys are and we get really frustrated trying to figure this stuff out!
    I wrote it not as a dig at you but because if its not said people will still do it.
    If the app cant update, uninstalling it will leave you with no app at all.
    Which you already know now but spelling it out for the next person thats all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I wrote it not as a dig at you but because if its not said people will still do it.
    If the app cant update, uninstalling it will leave you with no app at all.
    Which you already know now but spelling it out for the next person thats all
    I didn't take it as a dig, damned. I already knew that uninstalling and reinstalling probably wouldn't work but I just got desperate for a fix. Thanks to all you guys here on forums for your help. It's really appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Hi Niles this really should work if Win7 to Win10 is the only change.
    If you PM me your email address I can have a look at it remotely with you.

Thread Information