STAR TREK 2d20

LFP 4, weekly, Saturday evenings for Dark Heresy Second Edition

FULL AT THE MOMENT
    FG License: GM has Ultimate License so players only need Demo.
    Game System: Dark Heresy Second Edition.
    Time Zone: UTC +7 (Vietnam)
    Day of week and time: Sundays starting at 7h30am UTC +7 for me aka. this time (it will be Saturday evening for most of Fantasy Grounds user base (Europe and American)).
    If new game, planned start date: 7h30am Sunday 02/01/2020 UTC +7 aka. this time.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3h30'-4 Hour session. Weekly.
    Term: Long term.

Text or Voice: Voice ONLY.
    Voice software used: Discord server.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50.
    Number of Players in game & needed: No players yet, need 4. New players are welcome.
    Character starting level & equipment: Create new characters with beginning equipments (there's no level).
    Character restrictions: Only what's in the official books.

Premise
    Something terrible stirs upon the pleasure planet of Quaddis. Portents and ancient evils become evident as the penultimate 13th Hour approaches. Will your Acolytes be able to discover the secret of the Haarlock’s Legacy in time? From the bloody, labyrynthine Red Cages to the mansion of Gabriel Chase, the adventure draws the Acolytes into the dark underside of Quaddis. The affairs of the notorious Rogue Trader Erasmus Haarlock take form, setting the stage for the fate of the Calixis Sector.
    When the Steel Clock strikes the 13th hour, the Haarlock’s Legacy will be revealed.

Campaign Features:
    [Acolytes] The players assume the role of a group of human acolytes working for the Inquisition, although they may come from many different vocations. From the feral world warrior to the hive ganger, from the inducted Guardsman to the detached Sister of Battle.
    [Calixis Sector]
    “It is an ill-omened place, my lord. Cursed, they say, a fount of witches and other foulness. A chalice of corruption, haunted by a dead sun. They say it is but a matter of time before the stars align and the entire place is torn asunder by Daemons. Of course, they say that about a great many places. But in this case, master, the Tarot indicates it is actually true.”
    — Diviner Adept Harpious Mundis
    The Calixis Sector is located in the Segmentum Obscurus, on the northern edge of the known galaxy, and represents a portion of the considerable territories conquered by the Imperial hero Lord Militant Golgenna Angevin more than a thousand years ago. Its first governor was Drusus, one of Angevin’s most capable generals, a man now revered as an Imperial saint.

This territory represents a vulnerable fraction of the Imperium, far from the millions-strong armies and mighty battlefleets that protect its most ancient and important worlds and defend its war-torn frontiers. The fate of the sector is tainted with disturbing prophecies and haunted by an inexplicable evil. Within its ill-portended bounds there are countless threats to keep the adepts of the Imperium stretched beyond capacity. It is up to a few extraordinary individuals to save the sector from being consumed by a dark future of corruption and suffering.
    [The Haarlock’s Legacy] The definitive series of epic Dark Heresy adventures offers a satisfying experience for new and veteran Dark Heresy players alike. Travel throughout the Calixis Sector uncovering dark secrets and investigating a suspicious pattern of events. This thrilling adventure will transport you into the midst of bloodbaths, power-plays, and sanity-shredding secrets, leading up to a shattering climax that will decide the future of hundreds of worlds.
    [RP] The players assume the role of a group of Acolytes working for an Inquisitor, who sends them on various missions. The gameplay will involve investigation, combat, intrigue, or a number of other genres. Most missions involve rooting out heresies or matters relating to them, but the breadth of the game allows for many other missions, including wiping out dangerous gangs, gathering evidence of corruption, dealing with alien threats or eliminating rogue psykers.
    [Challenge] Basically you get to have your innards blown across the wall and then subsequently set on fire by a plasma gun (probably your own). This is if you are lucky. All kinds of worse things can happen - being eaten by xenos or hungry daemons, afflicted by Chaos mutation, and if you are especially unfortunate... *gulp* ...surviving to reach Inquisitorhood.
    HOW TO APPLY:
    Read the instructions in the post below carefully. Any applications posted outside of the thread will be ignore.
    The game proper, due to its scope, will not start until 02/01/2020. Applicants will be chosen on or before the 26/01/2020. The week following successful recruitment, the players will discuss character creation and claim Options (Homeworld, Background, Role, etc.). The game will be run once per week, and we will use Discord for voice chat.
    The first session on Sunday 02/01/2020 will be session zero, where I'll walk players though character creation and general gameplay on Fantasy Grounds using Discord's screenshare, so don't worry if you're unfamiliar with both.
    FOR THE INSATIABLY CURIOUS AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS:
    Ask them. I will be putting up an answer post inside of which will be an excess of details.
    THINGS THAT ARE MANDATORY
    A Decent Mic (headsets always preferred), the ability to use Discord, and rock solid availability for 3-4 hour sessions once a week!
    THINGS YOU MUST BE COOL WITH:
    • A game system that make the game more complex.
    • Homebrew that might not be balanced perfectly
    • A GM that prioritizes Story before Rules, most times.
    • Few guideposts. My games are like the Elder Scrolls. I give you hooks, but you have to set your own Goals. Want to learn more about a thing? Figure it out. Want to get into that castle? Figure it out. Anything's Possible, but you have to be clever.
    • Grit, Gore and Intrigue. Things can get Grim in my games and contain Adult Themes.
    • Being a Team. I very much prefer cooperation to a group being (unironically) at odds. Losing an hour to an argument about what to do next is no fun. Follow the leader or vote!

"Some may question my right to destroy a world of ten billion souls.
    But those who truly understand, realize I have no right to let them live.
    No sacrifice is too great. No treachery too small."

– Inquisitor Horst
    Last edited by Scribe; January 26th, 2020 at 01:37.

POST OF APPLICATION +1
    THINGS THAT ARE MANDATORY
    A Decent Mic (headsets always preferred), the ability to use Discord, and rock solid availability for 4 hour sessions once a week!
    To Apply,
    Please reply with answers to the following queries to the best of your ability:
    Preferred Name (can be an alias):
    Time Zone:
    a) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience
    b) Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPGS, or what you look forward to most when you play
    c) Describe any type of character concept you have in mind, or what kind of Acolyte archetype most appeals to you

1. Would you ever consider running a game? If not, why not?
    2. Have you ever had a shitty Game Master? What did they do that was shitty?
    3. If you disagreed with the GM about a ruling, what would you do?
    4. What's your opinion of Homebrew?
    5. What published Warhammer settings are you well versed in, if any?

BONUS: Navigate to https://apps.ajott.io/dh2chargen/ and generate a character. Write a one paragraph backstory (including name, homeworld and role) based upon this randomized description.
    Thank you for your effort! If you don't get in, my recommendation is to reuse what you just wrote to apply for other games. Just a tip!
    Last edited by Scribe; January 21st, 2020 at 12:58.

Clarify: Sorry but I make a mistake about am and pm on my first post about the time, fixed it now.
    I set the thread's title to Saturday evenings to catches more eyes, but if you're not sure you can just click on this link. It will show you the time for your own timezone.
    Again sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Scribe; January 21st, 2020 at 01:40.

Preferred Name (can be an alias): Price
    Time Zone: GMT+8 (UTC+8)
    I've had experience being a GM for my cousins on D&D 5e, i'm not entirely good at at RPing yet but i'm willing to learn and sooner or later will get the hang of it
    b) Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPGS, or what you look forward to most when you play
    The story and how my character will affect it
    c) Describe any type of character concept you have in mind, or what kind of Acolyte archetype most appeals to you
    I haven't tried this game system before but I like playing characters that stays at the back either supporting or dealing damage

1. Would you ever consider running a game? If not, why not? No, at least not for the mean time, i'm tired of being the GM, it's too much work xD
    2. Have you ever had a shitty Game Master? What did they do that was shitty? Nope, the only GM I know is me
    3. If you disagreed with the GM about a ruling, what would you do? I'd mostly just accept the GMs ruling to get it over with unless it was unfair
    4. What's your opinion of Homebrew? It's great! As long as it isn't overpowered that it breaks the game
    5. What published Warhammer settings are you well versed in, if any? None

A-love RPG games and i played D&D a long time ago. its hard to find people to play with.
    B-like playing with people that like the same things as me.
    C-i would like to play a yuan-ti death cleric or a bug bear or an orc, half orc. i always wanted to play as the things we fight.

1-i would love to run a game but i need to learn how everything works.
    2-yes they just wanted to kill the team at the start with no chance to win.
    3-me and the gm just talk things over.
    4-i like home-brew but i would still like to play the D&D story
    5-i only know a little bit about war hammer not to big on 40K
    3-

Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience
    Kiwi - Living on the West coast of America. Love playing RPG's & meeting new people doing it! I play D&D5e & Pathfinder at a local store, but am mad about 40k & cant wait to get into some more Dark Heresy!
    (I've been doing a play-by play on Ordo-Discordia, Its cool, but painfully slow!)
    Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPGS, or what you look forward to most when you play
    I have only moved here one & a half years ago & I've been using RPG's (& other tabletop games) to make friends.
    Describe any type of character concept you have in mind, or what kind of Acolyte archetype most appeals to you.
    Tech Priest, (All Praise the Machine God!) or possibly a Heretek from the Enemies without book, someone who's completely out-of-joint with Humanity! (I have several made already)

Would you ever consider running a game? If not, why not? Hells yes! keen to try this at some point for some of my 40k buddies!
    Have you ever had a shitty Game Master? What did they do that was shitty? Can't honestly say I have.. I've had GM's that were woefully under-prepared & didnt know the source material & kept getting characters confused.
    If you disagreed with the GM about a ruling, what would you do? I'd suck it up. GM's are god
    What's your opinion of Homebrew? Do you mean Homebrew Rules? As long as it's spelled out adequately, it can take people time to learn new systems & it can take trial & error.
    What published Warhammer settings are you well versed in, if any? ALL of it.. Seriously ask me anything I've devoured the entire Horus Heresy (I haven't read the latest Siege of Terra book, But I will)

Thanks for your consideration look forward to hearing from you!

"Enough fire in the right place can solve any problem." -Colloquialisms of Metalica, Chapter 52

Preferred Name (can be an alias): Pharis or whatever character name I decide to go with
    Time Zone: North American Central Standard Time (-6 UTC)

a) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience:

Bit of a drifter in terms of game systems; from a XCOM Dark Heresy 2E edition, DND 5E, One Piece BadKarma, Pokemon Tabletop United, Call of Cthulhu, Outbreak Undead, ect. ect.

b) Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPGS, or what you look forward to most when you playL
    I focus on intercharacter actions and player agency in games. I’ve been at the rough end of a railroad for my first game ever so I do like it when I do have choices to make. Meeting and figuring out relationships with other characters is also another thing I enjoy about TTRPs, since those can make some of the most memorable moments (both good and bad). Exploring the world with the party is also one of my smaller enjoyments.

c) Describe any type of character concept you have in mind, or what kind of Acolyte archetype most appeals to you:
    I tend to take on whatever ‘role’ the party currently lacks and make my character to complement the others. If the party already has a wide variety of what players are, then I just go with a character I have not played before. I would prefer to get a character concept with the others if at all possible first.

Would you ever consider running a game? If not, why not?
    Yes and I have for a bit. It was a Pokemon TTU for around 2 months before player schedule differences led to a hiatus of the game. I would still to run a game but looking back I would like to get more experience of the game system before running it first.

Have you ever had a shitty Game Master? What did they do that was shitty?
    Yes. I had a game master that could fill a couple of DND Horror Story troups but the last straw was bad enough to make me block them completely (along with half of the group that then made their own server that I remain a part of). But here is the list: Encounters with an enemy too tough for us that a DMPC would inevitably come rescue us from (wouldn’t be bad if it didn’t happen 4 times in a SINGLE SESSION), Homebrew for enemies but strict PHB for players which made us even more underpowered, threatening players with kicking from the Discord Server if they didn’t follow the plot, and the final straw; making an enemy perform a horrible action on a female player character when the party was resting when she started to argue with him about all the above. Mind you, this was my first DND game ever and it was still the worst 4 sessions of a game I have ever had. Other than that mess, no others have come close, thankfully....

If you disagree with the GM about a ruling, what would you do?
    I won’t argue with them in the game and will accept the rule for then, but ask for clarification/TALK about it once the game is done. I like to have stable rules that won’t change dramatically from session to session.

What's your opinion of Homebrew?
    I like some of it. Again balance is a real issue with homebrew, but small adjustments like a custom background or a weapon/armor that is slightly different is all good with me.

What published Warhammer settings are you well versed in, if any?
    Unfortunately I don’t have any direct knowledge of Warhammer in general. The most I have is The Emperor gets a Text to Speech Device, the XCOM Dark Heresy Conversion game I was a part of, and I have played quite a bit of Battlefleet Gothic.

Hope I get in, but wish the game goes well regardless.

Preferred Name: Voychek
    Time Zone: UTC -5
    I'm a fledgling lorehound with a love for RPGs of all sorts, though I haven't been part of many TTRPG campaigns yet.

I enjoy the roleplaying more than any other aspect, making a character that's my own and getting into their head to interact with the world and characters in it as they would. Nothing beats player to player interactions, and that's what I look forward to most.

Up until a few short years ago, Alaric Carron was a well-disciplined (if a little absent minded) Imperial Guard quartermaster from the forge world Estaban- until, that is, he experienced a lapse in concentration while preparing his company's explosives ordnance for use. The following detonation saw his fleshy self rent asunder, leaving him (more or less) splattered across the armory walls. Luckily, his best friend and battlebuddy wasn't too far away, and was able to salvage *most* of his remains before he was completely done-for. While the unit's combat medic was unable to help, the ship's assigned Adeptus Mechanicus Chirurgeon jumped at the opportunity to display his preservation skills- successfully stalling Alaric's untimely demise, allowing his entrance into stasis for the long journey to Mars. Now a fully fledged Mechanicus Enginseer (with some new kleptomaniacal tendencies) he has taken well to the ways of the Omnissiah's chosen, becoming a veritable fanatic of the Machine Cult. High perception, willpower, and fanaticism all set to serve the Omnissiah's might!

[A friend of mine will also be applying for the campaign, and we'd like to have his character be the aforementioned imperial guard "battle buddy", reuinited with Alaric after his conversion]

Would you ever consider running a game? If not, why not?
    Yes, I am a writer in my free time and have often considered using a fantasy setting of my own for a few campaigns- though I feel i'm still too inexperienced to take that leap.
    Have you ever had a shitty Game Master? What did they do that was shitty?
    Constant railroading and terrible roleplay! He'd force us into scenarios that weren't very fun, and wouldn't put too much effort into NPC interactions.
    If you disagreed with the GM about a ruling, what would you do?
    I would accept the disagreement and cede my issue, in the interest of preserving the game experience and not disrupting a session.
    What's your opinion of Homebrew?
    Homebrew can be great when combined with existing fluff or rules. It allows flexibility that you can't always get elsewhere.
    What published Warhammer settings are you well versed in, if any?
    40k!

Thread Information