STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: French UI

French UI

French UI Extension for CoreRPG, 4e and 5e

French UI is a simple extension that translates most of the UI (~90%) in French

Here is the thread for this extension (you can get it here: French UI)

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - the different groups checks in the Party sheet dont work as intended, the modified strings adds wrong modifiers to the result (exept the group attack)(I would suggest to not use it for now)
    - once a new Character is created, in the Skill tab a duplicate(underlined in white/black) will appear with the original name, simply copy the proficienty level in the french skill then delete the duplicate
    - In the Character Wizard: the different skills containing accents (é) don't show up in the different dropdown lists. if you create your char. manually this problem doesn't happend.
    - In the Character Wizard/lvl up window : if you choose different spells of different levels they will be added to the character under the section "Sorts", to get FGU to notice their respective LVL, simply drag and drop your spell out of the original "Sorts" section, then the appropriate section will be applied to any spells

4e:
    The powers will stay entirely in English (as the translation was causing sorting errors)

Thanks a lot Vaall for your feedback
    Thanks a lot Meric for the help with the 4e version

if you notice bugs/translations errors please let me know on this thread
    if you would like to suggest modifications/ways to improve this extension please let me know as well

Let's keep this thread in English
    Last edited by Swissman65; March 7th, 2024 at 16:33. Reason: 4e now supported

Thank You !

The version 1.1 of French UI is live!
    Here is the changelog:

Character Wizard :
    Changed label "Commettre" for "Soumettre"
    Changed label "Compétences" for "Carac."
    Changed label "Scores de Compétences" for "Scores de caractéristiques"

Abbreviated "Créer un Personnage" for "Créer Personnage"

Character Sheet :
    Changed label “Corps-é-corps” for “Corps-à-corps”
    Abbreviated “Munitions” for “Mun.”

NPC Sheet :
    Abbreviated “Classe d’armure” for “Classe Armure”

Adventure Entry :
    Abbreviated “OBJ MAGIQUE” for “OBJ. MAG.”

Magic Item Forge :
    Changed label «Forge d’objet magique» for «Forger l’objet mag.»
    Abbreviated “Vider la forge” for “Vider forge”

Class and level Window :
    Abbreviated “TOTAL DES NIVEAUX” for “NIV. TOTAL”
    Abbreviated “NIVEAU” for “NIV.”
    Abbreviated “DÉ DE VIE” for “DV”
    Abbreviated “PROCHAIN NIVEAU” for “NIV. PRO.”

Rejoignez la communauté Francophone de fantasy grounds sur Guilded! https://www.guilded.gg/i/k5aQxwDk

French UI 1.2 is live!

Character sheet:
    Changed skill "Tromperie" to "Supercherie"
    Changed skill "Intuition" to "Perspicacité"
    Changed label "Background" to "Historique"

Abbreviated "CARACT" to "CARAC"
    Abbreviated "Poids total transporté" to "Poids Total"

NPC sheet:
    Abbreviated "Jest de Sauvegarde" to "Jets de sauv."
    Last edited by Swissman65; November 6th, 2023 at 11:35.

Rejoignez la communauté Francophone de fantasy grounds sur Guilded! https://www.guilded.gg/i/k5aQxwDk

Hello! Does it translate the D&D 4e UI too or only the 5e and CoreRPG UI? and how do you activate it please?
    Last edited by Meric Wolf; November 27th, 2023 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Meric Wolf View Post
    Hello! Does it translate the D&D 4e UI too or only the 5e and CoreRPG UI? and how do you activate it please?
    Hello!

as for now it translates the 5e ruleset as well as the CoreRPG ruleset, if you want I can work on the 4e translation (never played with 4e so I'll have to double-check the correct translation)

to activate it : first you'll need to get it from the forge, then update your FGU and before you create/load an existing campaign, under "extensions" check the "GM Swiss's French UI" then it should work

Hi! Thank you, I was able to activate it just fine!

If you have the time I would love it if you could work on the 4e translation. I actually have the books in french (I’m sure you’ve guessed why by now ) so if you need help just send me a DM, I’d love to help!

Last question: you wouldn’t happen to know someone that went through the colossal work of translating the 4e data compendium by any chance? This is probably a shot in the dark but I’ve got to try

Anyway thanks for the help, have a nice day!

sure, I'll work on it!
    sadly I do not know if someone has translated the 4e data compendium...

I saw that you joined my Guilded community! I'll chat with you there for the 4e UI translation

Thread Information