STAR TREK 2d20

Adding A roll to death save?

I was looking to add an injury system that auto rolls when you reach 0HP. I am new to FG but pick things up quickly. I am thinking that I will have to write a script extension but I was hoping maybe someone else has thought of this already. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    I assume you are looking at doing this for DnD 5E? I don't recall anyone posting an extension that would do that, but if so, it should be listed in this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-5E-resources

You would need an extension to do this, not sure if there are any that are similar or close enough to help get you started. Their are some various extension tutorials you can get started with. Depends upon your background and experience with coding and the format you prefer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the response. Yes it is for 5e. I will dive into those tutorials tonight.

Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I too am looking to create an extension that deals with Death Saves and Injuries.

What I'm working on is a tally of failed Death Saves between Long Rests. When a character takes a Long Rest, if they have failed any Death Saves sense the last Long Rest they roll on an Injury table automatically. The roll is given a +1 for every failed Death Save after the first. So, if the character goes to 0HP in a couple encounters between Long Rests, and fails 2 Death Save each time, they would have +3 to the roll.

The table of injuries will adjustable. For myself I can see simple things like the character only gets the benefit of a Short Rest instead of a Long Rest, or they gain a level of Exhaustion at the end of the Long Rest, or any number of things that last effect the next day or few days. But nothing too extreme.

I think I'll need just add a tally to the character sheet under Death Saves and script the added function to the Long Rest procedure. Any suggestions or insight will be appreciated.

Thread Information