FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Let’s just say, theoretically, I am the victim of some sort of abuse. And it seems to me as though some role playing might head in that direction. It is making me uncomfortable. And to admit to such even in a virtual environment compounds my anxiety. An anonymous way to get the DMs attention, might be helpful.

All I really need to know is if the tool exists for FG. My question has been answered. Thanks all. Should I find the time, I’ll make the extension.

I have to agree with Minty. I'm no expert on this, but I would welcome a tool that helps make these situations easier to deal with.

It's not always obvious or clear when there's a problem for someone else, and it can be VERY difficult to speak up when there is a situation that calls for it. This isn't just about identifying generally-troublesome player behavior, but also about when a topic comes up that is troublesome for someone. That can be very different for different people and often goes unnoticed by the majority of the group.

When DM'ing, I've often been oblivious to obvious cues from players about even simple things, like the need for a bio-break. I would not be happy to have someone drop out of a game because they were uncomfortable with part of the game and I hadn't noticed. I'd rather know sooner and keep a friend.

Like I said, I play with adults. If someone has an issue, they can speak up, either during the session or between game sessions. That's what being an adult is.

Blog Entries
    Anyone can already send a private message to the DM or via whatever voice chat program is being used. But as I said, if someone wants to make an extension for use and a DM wants to enable it, well, your game your decision.

Personally I'd hope that a player would reach out and chat with me or have a sidebar if there's a issue.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

That’s not always possible in the moment, when it matters, before harm is done. Also, a chat/whisper to the DM would not be anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Like I said, I play with adults. If someone has an issue, they can speak up, either during the session or between game sessions. That's what being an adult is.
    What about FG requires you to be an adult? Last I checked, young people play games, too.

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    What about FG requires you to be an adult? Last I checked, young people play games, too.
    Like I said, *I* play with adults. I don't have the time nor inclination to deal with immature players.

Like I said, *I* play with adults. I don't have the time nor inclination to deal with immature players.
    Ok, but you seem to be objecting to the idea of the features being discussed. If so, what exactly would the existence of these features take away from your game?

If you’re not objecting to the features, great, but then your point seems to be that anyone who does want or need these isn’t “an adult.” I hope that’s not your point, as that could come across as quite insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by notrealdan View Post
    Ok, but you seem to be objecting to the idea of the features being discussed. If so, what exactly would the existence of these features take away from your game?
    Nope, just pointing out that I have no use for them, nor would I play with anyone who thought they were needed. I play with adults who discuss problems, not people who are too immature to give voice to their concerns.

Nope, just pointing out that I have no use for them, nor would I play with anyone who thought they were needed. I play with adults who discuss problems, not people who are too immature to give voice to their concerns.
    It’s not a matter of maturity at all. I hope you take the time to educate yourself on the topic.

Thread Information