DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Converting D&D 5e to Metric

So I've been going through the process of converting 5th edition to metric and I've hit a wall. I own the DMG, PHB, MM, XGE, VGM and MToF but I can't access any of the content to convert all the imperial measurements over to metric. All the files are password protected. Converting the data is easy enough using notepad++ ... if I could just access it. How can I go about mass changing all the units of measurement in one fell swoop?

Making the changes in FG by creating duplicates of every spell, class and so on would take an ungodly amount of wasted time, so I want to do the changes in bulk using notepad++.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentazer View Post
    ... All the files are password protected. Converting the data is easy enough using notepad++ ... if I could just access it. How can I go about mass changing all the units of measurement in one fell swoop? ...
    You can't. They are encrypted in the vault as required by the IP license holder (WotC).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow that sucks. Hmmm, well I guess we'll just have to mental math all the spells and other units.

Blog Entries
    The 'easiest' imo thing to do is simple say that every D&D 5 foot distance equals 2 meters. Just keep everything in D&D 5 ft squares and when you need to visualize just divide by 2.. i.e. each square is 2 meters. The only thing you need to convert for is for players to visualize how big a room is or how far away anything etc.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Interesting! I'll give this a try!

Blog Entries
    That will let you change the FG grid size, but imo that doesn't help a whole lot since your spell and action descriptions will still be in feet. BUT, do check it out and see if you like it. Maybe I'm wrong (last time I was wrong was about 5 minutes ago...) and hopefully it will get you closer to what you are hoping for

Thread Information