STAR TREK 2d20
Page 95 of 281 First ... 45859394959697105145195 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    The Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook library is done and uploaded. I created a Folder called Libraries. You can just download the module in here like normal. If you want a long term solution to your libraries I have made another folder in there that has the Campaign folders. I have add instructions on how to add your own descriptions. Let me know if you have any questions.
    That's awesome! Thank you for the work you guys are putting into this!

I just thought of something. The campaign folder is a good idea only after I am completely done with the Libraries for that one. Otherwise with a new update it would overwrite all your changes. For now I will remove it to avoid confusion and headaches later for people updating not realizing it will over right there work.

When I feel there will be no more updates on a library I might consider uploading it again.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 4th, 2020 at 23:18.

Is there a way to add the ability to format the text in the "Modification Options" entry. I just think the weapon mods look neater in bullet format. There maybe others but for now that is the one I noticed.

Is there a way to add the ability to format the text in the "Modification Options" entry. I just think the weapon mods look neater in bullet format. There maybe others but for now that is the one I noticed.
    Yes
    I just updated that field, but you will have to edit the xml file to change the format in the existing records, like that one time you did before.

So for example:

Code:
    <modification_options type="string">Text here</modification_options>

to: 

<modification_options type="formattedtext"><p>Text here</p></modification_options>

So to fix your records, do a copy and replace all:

Code:
    <modification_options type="string">
    to: 
    <modification_options type="formattedtext"><p>

And:

</modification_options>
    to: 
    </p></modification_options>
    Last edited by johniba; November 5th, 2020 at 04:07.

Hmm that didn't work. I got this error.
    Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (modification_options) in windowclass (item_attachment_main)

and the modification options are now overlaping the hard points required. I have rolled back the changes for now.

Also what about those new categories I mentioned in a previous post?

Hmm that didn't work. I got this error.
    Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (modification_options) in windowclass (item_attachment_main)

and the modification options are now overlaping the hard points required. I have rolled back the changes for now.

Also what about those new categories I mentioned in a previous post?

I will add the missing fields today
    If you send me your files again, i can fix it

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I will add the missing fields today
    If you send me your files again, i can fix it
    I just figured it out. Thanks

Base Modifiers are not recognizing the star wars symbol syntax.

Also..
    I noticed a missing Category. We need a "Starfighter Complement" to be placed right after "Ship's Complement", and "Vehicle Complement" after "Starfighter Complement". So basicly like this:

Order
    Crew/Ship's Comp
    Starfighter Complement
    Vehicle Complement
    Encumbrance Capacity

There is one more category that is introduced into Age of Rebellion, that being "Massive" This falls under a section called "Additional Rules". I realized that this category in it's self.

So I think you could do 1 of 2 things:
    1st just add "Additional Rules" category just above the Main Description.
    2nd You could just lump "Additional Rules as part of the Main Description."

Either way it doesn't matter to me.

Base Modifiers are not recognizing the star wars symbol syntax.

Also..
    I noticed a missing Category. We need a "Starfighter Complement" to be placed right after "Ship's Complement", and "Vehicle Complement" after "Starfighter Complement". So basicly like this:

Order
    Crew/Ship's Comp
    Starfighter Complement
    Vehicle Complement
    Encumbrance Capacity

There is one more category that is introduced into Age of Rebellion, that being "Massive" This falls under a section called "Additional Rules". I realized that this category in it's self.

So I think you could do 1 of 2 things:
    1st just add "Additional Rules" category just above the Main Description.
    2nd You could just lump "Additional Rules as part of the Main Description."

Either way it doesn't matter to me.
    - I have fixed the issue with "Base Modifiers"... actually now, ALL text fields accept that Genesys/Star Wars code substitution.
    Also: you will notice now that when you "enter" a field containing text with special genesys/star wars code, it will temporarily revert back to the "[]/()" codes. I thought this feature would be nice to re-edit text, let me know what you think

- I have added "Starfighter Complement"

Regarding the Vehicle Complement:
    In my opinion this is getting redundant. We already have a Crew/Ship complement, and no vehicle will have more than one field for this.
    So I would say, use that field for crew or complement.
    In case there are issues in the future, we can re-evaluate this.

- I have added the "Additional rules" field. Please fill these just like you would do with the weapon specials, meaning, for example type "Massive 1", and do not add extra descriptions.
    For now people will have to either remember what each of these powers/rules mean, or use a Summary sheet or something, but in the future, I will make these fields work automatically, adding and removing dice etca...

You can redownload both rulesets....

Suggestion for the Star Wars ruleset:

On the Species sheet: Move the "Special Abilities" above the text field, so you have all the rules relevant data at the top. If there is a lot of text, the special abilities can be buried far down...

Just a thought.

Thread Information