DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 89 of 281 First ... 3979878889909199139189 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    That's great. Is the changes to attachments for the star wars ruleset going to be in the next update?
    Yes, and I will also make sure to update the vehicle stats for star wars. There are some small differences, like the 4 defense boxes

Obviously, the priority is on making everything work first, but is there at some point going to be different skins to make the SF themes look more SF and less fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by VioletTendency View Post
    Obviously, the priority is on making everything work first, but is there at some point going to be different skins to make the SF themes look more SF and less fantasy?
    For sure, once I have spare time i would love to work on one, but I am not that good with creating beautiful interfaces.
    There is already one Star Wars theme, created by SrB, and available in the google drive repository, and if someone else would like to create more, it is just a matter of jumping in.

theme.PNG
    Last edited by johniba; October 29th, 2020 at 19:16.

Speaking of themes, what did the creator of the star wars theme say about 4k monitor support?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Speaking of themes, what did the creator of the star wars theme say about 4k monitor support?
    No idea, someone need to contact him

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    For sure, once I have spare time i would love to work on one, but I am not that good with creating beautiful interfaces.
    There is already one Star Wars theme, created by SrB, and available in the google drive repository, and if someone else would like to create more, it is just a matter of jumping in.

theme.PNG
    Sorry, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to customizing the FG experience. You mean we could install different character sheets and they'll be compatible with this ruleset? Is it one of those things you'd get to checkmark to decide if you use it or not while creating a game? Also, where do I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Sorry, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to customizing the FG experience. You mean we could install different character sheets and they'll be compatible with this ruleset? Is it one of those things you'd get to checkmark to decide if you use it or not while creating a game? Also, where do I get it?
    I mean it is possible to customize the look of a ruleset, with an extension.

For example, there is one created for this already, that makes it look more like Star Wars (although it is not 100% reskin, the character sheet was not changed, but it is possible to change that also)
    You can download that extension from the same link you downloaded the ruleset

Extensions could also change more than just the look, that is more complex requiring coding, too.
    Last edited by johniba; October 30th, 2020 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I mean it is possible to customize the look of a ruleset, with an extension.

For example, there is one created for this already, that makes it look more like Star Wars (although it is not 100% reskin, the character sheet was not changed, but it is possible to change that also)
    You can download that extension from the same link you downloaded the ruleset

Extensions could also change more than just the look, that is more complex requiring coding, too.
    Sorry I'm getting the terms all mixed up, I expect.

So an extension is what I'm looking for in terms of changing the look of things like character sheets without affecting the rest of the settings?

Blog Entries

So an extension is what I'm looking for in terms of changing the look of things like character sheets without affecting the rest of the settings?
    Rulesets define not only the rules and functions etc, but also the character sheets etc. (everything but data, which is stored in modules usually). Extensions extend and change the ruleset code. One of the things that is commonly done with extensions is to change the theme (look and feel) and the character sheet.

So what you will do to change the character sheet is to create an extension, and then set FG to load that extension when you load your campaign using this ruleset. There are several tutorials for creating extensions, on this forums, YouTube, and www.fg-con.com as well as some examples of changing character sheets for various rulesets. You'll probably want to start your own thread in the Workshop for discussing and getting help if you decide to create an extension to do this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is correct. If you wanted to get into it, a great place to start is GM Wintermute's stuff, which will point you in the right direction.

https://www.gmwintermute.com/
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thread Information