FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 86 of 282 First ... 3676848586878896136186 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Somthing has been bothering me. I realize I have been creating the modules and exporting them then uploading the mod files to the cloud. This is all well and good except it's probubly a pain in the butt for you guys since your dealing with an exported file. In theory people who download this mod are going to have to add their own descriptions. Sure you can edit the library in the Campaign you are doing, but the changes don't carry over should you create a new campaign. I offer this solution:

Instead of me exporting it my self I zip the Campaign folder with detailed instructions on how to export the module yourself after you have entered the descriptions.
    This would be alot cleaner solution for those downloading the modules. Also it would allow me to lay the ground work for people to export the modules with reference manuals using the Aurhor extension. I would of course give instructions for that as well. Of course I would add as much contant as I could to start you off same as always, minus the descriptions.

Let me know what everyone thinks. If everyone just wants to keep things simple I can just keep exporting them like normal too.

Also I am going to hold off uploading until the symbols problem is fixed.

Hey Sevrick.

I dont know if it is too much extra work, but how about both?
    I mean we could keep the modules for people that just want it quick and ready for use... and a separate folder maybe, where we add those new files, and the instructions.

By the way a quick update on my status of my current work:

- I am 40% done with the vehicle system...
    - Changed that skills limit to 10 now, so we will not have an issue even with special cases of 5+ skill
    - Critical rolls: you can now add modifiers (using the FG modifier box)... so for example, if I want to add +20 before I roll critical (lets say, my weapon has a property that adds to the roll) it now works
    (In the future I will implement a better way, and later on also when we work on automation, make this auto...)

I will push to finish some features to the vehicle system, and then I will upload this new version.
    If it takes me too long, I will disable this work in progress in the vehicle, and upload, and then resume working on it

I will also do the modification in the symbols in the fonts, so that is why I am holding off on releasing

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Sevrick.

I dont know if it is too much extra work, but how about both?
    I mean we could keep the modules for people that just want it quick and ready for use... and a separate folder maybe, where we add those new files, and the instructions.

By the way a quick update on my status of my current work:

- I am 40% done with the vehicle system...
    - Changed that skills limit to 10 now, so we will not have an issue even with special cases of 5+ skill
    - Critical rolls: you can now add modifiers (using the FG modifier box)... so for example, if I want to add +20 before I roll critical (lets say, my weapon has a property that adds to the roll) it now works
    (In the future I will implement a better way, and later on also when we work on automation, make this auto...)

I will push to finish some features to the vehicle system, and then I will upload this new version.
    If it takes me too long, I will disable this work in progress in the vehicle, and upload, and then resume working on it

I will also do the modification in the symbols in the fonts, so that is why I am holding off on releasing
    That's a good idea.

Also excited about the vehicle update. What is the status on the symbols. You mentioned I might have to edit some scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    That's a good idea.

Also excited about the vehicle update. What is the status on the symbols. You mentioned I might have to edit some scripts?
    Ah no.. I mean the symbols will change code.
    I will provide you with a list of "old"->"new" code, so you can replace all using an editor.

I will fix that in the next update too...

Is anyone working on adding the Android:Shadow of the Beanstalk or Realms of Terrinoth settings to this?

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Is anyone working on adding the Android:Shadow of the Beanstalk or Realms of Terrinoth settings to this?
    If you mean adding a theme like the star wars no one I know of. If you mean as far as mechanics? You should be able to use any of those now with the Genesys ruleset.

Sevrick already Created .mod files with all info from those settings, and also we have extensions that you can activate, so that the character skills in the sheet are from their respective settings.
    In the future we will no longer require the extension, but you can use them now, and they are available, in the repository:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; October 27th, 2020 at 00:18.

Hey Sevrick

So I have been trying to work on the font, trying to change those codes to something else that would not affect accent characters, but I think for now this might be a bit beyond my skills
    I tried moving them to another code, but it did not work properly

So I decided we will keep them as is: I will not move them, and languages like portuguese will be affected in some accented characters, but when the time comes that i learn enough about TTF unicode, I can fix that if it means it wont cause extra work

So You can continue to use those same codes to work on your files.

I will also make fonts for Star Wars (I need specially to add force die and symbols) and for now, if you are using the SW ruleset you will notice that symbols are still Genesys, and the force die and symbols are not showing any symbols but are characers.
    That is fine, you can use it, and when i release the new ruleset version, it will display ok with no need for you to replace things.

I will probably release a new ruleset tomorrow, even if it means I wont release the vehicles feature fully now, because I did a lot of small fixes (finally fixes the font type size issue, the currency window size in the inventory, and a few other things)

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Sevrick already Created .mod files with all info from those settings, and also we have extensions that you can activate, so that the character skills in the sheet are from their respective settings.
    In the future we will no longer require the extension, but you can use them now, and they are available, in the repository:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    When you say all info, you mean like equipment and vehicle stats and whatnot?

Edit: Downloaded and played around with it, sorry it took me a while to figure things out.

This is looking really good. I'm hoping to play in the Android setting in the future.

Will the Star Wars library be ported over as well? That's what I'm currently playing.
    Last edited by mossfoot; October 27th, 2020 at 06:45.

When you say all info, you mean like equipment and vehicle stats and whatnot?
    Exactly, altough we do not provide any descriptions, to avoid copyright issues.
    People still need the books, to read rules, descriptions etca, altough you can edit those into your own campaign

NEW RELEASE!!!! Genesys and Star Wars rulesets
    Compatible with both FantasyGrounds Classic and Unity
    P.S.: Dice rolls on the chat window in Unity currently has a small bug, showing a dice description and some numbers 0 in the end.
    Please ignore these, as they are display bugs I will correct soon... they do not interfere with the dice results

(Please notice the vehicle combat is not active yet... it will come soon!)

Read below for details on this release:

Fixes (Genesys and SW):

1) Character Sheets
    - PC and NPC skills in sheet can go up to 10 points now. By the rules no PC can have more than 5 points in a skill, but this was changed for special cases on NPCs (or for any house rules or custom settings that people break these official rules)
    - Inventory tab: increased width for currency fields.
    - Fixed Encumbrance Threshold (it should now calculate properly: Brawn + 5)

2) General
    - Most fields now accept Genesys/SW Symbols and dice Symbols. You can type special characters and these will automatically be replaced with the correct symbols.
    Please look at google drive, and download images: "Genesys Help" and "Star Wars Help" for a list of code you can use.
    For example, while typing a description for a skill, talent, weapon etca... if you type (S), the ruleset will automatically replace with the "success" symbol.
    Again, check the two images provided in google drive for a complete list.
    Genesys Help.png
    Star Wars Help.png

- Fixed incorrect font sizes in some circumstances (normal, bold fonts not having the same size)

- Star Wars ruleset: added special fonts with Symbols and Dice Symbols.

3) Dice Rolling
    - When rolling skills, characteristics, powers, etca from a character sheet, the Character portrait will display along with the Character name.

- CRIT Rolls: you can now use the "Modifier" box to add bonus to Crit rolls
    For example, if you add "20" to the Modifier before rolling critical, the crit roll will add +20 to the result.
    This is useful for example, when rolling critical with a special power on a weapon...

Rulesets Genesys and Star Wars are now compatible with the Extension "Better Menus"
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-5E-etc)

ATTENTION - Remember if you are downloading the Star Wars ruleset you also need to download Genesys, as it is still used.

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; October 27th, 2020 at 07:10.

Thread Information