FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 75 of 282 First ... 2565737475767785125175 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a quick message
    I know i said i was going to release a new version today, but i could barely do any work this weekend
    I will see that i can work and finish the vehicle implementation this week and post it during the week
    Recently came aware of this, wanted to say that I'm more than pleased with where the ruleset is now. I've a SW game that's using the old ruleset and this one is far ahead in terms of quality of life and stability so we'll be moving over to this one now. Really appreciate the effort that's been put in so far and the future effort to be done.

Two questions:
    Targeting on the combat tracker doesn't do anything currently, correct? Just making sure there's not some sequence I'm missing

While I found the decals for vehicle critical chits, there's no button on the desktop for it. I assume this is because of your current work on the vehicles, but wanted to make sure it wasn't some option to select to enable them.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Hey man.... take it easy. Better to pace yourself than burn out. We're all just very happy for the work you put into it. Take your time.

Got a suggestion here.
    Combat tracker: Why not move the 3 initiative buttons out of the radial menu in the top, and have 3 buttons to the right of the "Next Actor" button at the buttom left. And if those buttons would be dragged to the taskbar like the Next Actor button, then it would allow for some very fast initiative rolls.

Just a thought

Vires Animi
    Hey thanks

I will also add this idea to my list, it seems easy to implement

Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    Recently came aware of this, wanted to say that I'm more than pleased with where the ruleset is now. I've a SW game that's using the old ruleset and this one is far ahead in terms of quality of life and stability so we'll be moving over to this one now. Really appreciate the effort that's been put in so far and the future effort to be done.

Two questions:
    Targeting on the combat tracker doesn't do anything currently, correct? Just making sure there's not some sequence I'm missing

While I found the decals for vehicle critical chits, there's no button on the desktop for it. I assume this is because of your current work on the vehicles, but wanted to make sure it wasn't some option to select to enable them.
    Thank you very much

And you are correct, at this stage i am not adding any automation, that includes targetting and that influecing the dice rolls, but i will eventually work on that

Also yes I will reactivate that vehicle critical button for the next release as soon as i finish the vehicles feature.

Right now the latest release you may have downloaded altough it has a vehicles database, you dont actually have pc/npc vehicles

In my currend development, i have added the ability to add one or more vehicles to a pc/npc sheet.
    I am now working on a feature where you can activate one of the vehicles in that pc/npc, and that is where it will look somewhat similar on the surface, to what you see in the star wars ruleset
    The difference is that players will be able to have multiple vehicles, and even share their vehicles so you can have more than one pc in the same vehicle (multicrew) and then a also any damage/crit damage for vehicles that is applied to that character, will be automatically sent to that active vehicle

My focus right now is finishing features that need to exist so we could call it "complete": vehicle features (adding right now pc and npc vehicles to sheets / combat track) and background data (motivations etca)

Next, I will work on the first release of a new star wars ruleset that expands from Genesys ruleset

After that, i will keep both in development, adding quality of life from suggestions, adding those automations also

The way i have in mind, it will be easy to work on both, since the star wars ruleset will import the genesys one, just like genesys does CORE, and so any features i implement in genesys (like automation etca) will work for both
    Last edited by johniba; September 1st, 2020 at 00:56.

That's awesome, I'm quite excited for what's to come.
    Games Running:

So I have been working a Pathfinder 1E Genesys Conversion for some time and I am working on Special Materials and have been trying to think of ways of implementing them. I am think adding it as an Item Quality would be easiest. I was just wondering if or how you were planning on adding Item Quality descriptions? I thought it would be cool if FG recognized the text and made it a clickable link much like in other official rulesets. But then you would need a place to add them so it could reference it. This would make it easier for people to add their own custom Item Qualities. What do you think?

I too have be wondering how item qualities are going to be implemented. If there is any way I can help with the coding for this let me know. I know enough to be able to take one that is right and duplicate correct changes.

As far as item qualities I like the way it was implemented in the unofficial FFG Star Wars, tabs and drag and modifiable drag and drop is good.

I just realized Attachments might be a better way to go for special materials. Still my question above remains.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So I have been working a Pathfinder 1E Genesys Conversion for some time and I am working on Special Materials and have been trying to think of ways of implementing them. I am think adding it as an Item Quality would be easiest. I was just wondering if or how you were planning on adding Item Quality descriptions? I thought it would be cool if FG recognized the text and made it a clickable link much like in other official rulesets. But then you would need a place to add them so it could reference it. This would make it easier for people to add their own custom Item Qualities. What do you think?
    I am still not sure. I looked a bit on how 5E handles that, but i need to investigate it further.
    So that is why i didnt commit to anything yet, specially because i didnt want to add fields and then in the future find out we needed to change it drastically...

As soon as all features are done, i will check that

As I'm changing my EoTE game over to this ruleset, I wanted to make a theme that kept some of the front-facing feel of the old ruleset. So, I built this one.

I'll be working on more changes as I can, and would be more than willing to help when it comes time to work on the graphics for SW FFG, or Genesys once I get a hold of the rules.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Games Running:

Thread Information