STAR TREK 2d20
Page 73 of 282 First ... 2363717273747583123173 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    You guys are gonna love how i am doing it hehe.
    The way i am coding, you can have these in genesys, and even create new systems, without any extensions
    I am so excited. For real. BTW I made and edit to my last post in case you didn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I had an idea for things like duty and obligation. 1stly I think those are great systems for any setting not just star wars. You could add those to the optional rules and just have them appear automatically in the star wars extension.

Next I was thinking of having an obligation/duty/morality chart in the party sheet section. It would get the values from each player you link into the chart. You could add a dice roller to roll for the various types.

Later you might even make a condition that lowers the Strain Threshold and increases Wound Threshold, for those sessions obligation or Duty is triggered. So that when the condition is removed the stats go back to what they were before the effect took place.

PS: I am still working on the vehicles. I had a busy weekend, so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked.

Edit: Also One more category to add Vehicle Weapon, the location of the weapon. I have seen several of this in Genesys one being the World War II-Era Destroyer. They are also in Star Wars. For instance Star Destroyers. A good location for it to appear in the entry is just before the firing arc.
    Oh weapon location should be there, i must have forgotten, i will add

• Are there plans and/or a way already to add successes/failures, advantage/threat, Triumph/Despair to a skill check?
    • Are there plans and/or a way to add Boost or setback dice to skill rolls permanently through use of special gear or abilities?
    • Are there plans and/or a way to get all fields to recognize the commands for symbols and dice (S)(F)(A)(T)(!)(D)[A][D][P][C][B][S]?
    • Also noticing that the current command symbols don't play well with letter that have diaeresis (the two dots over vowels).
    • I love the look of the armor weapons gear and vehicle weapons tabs in the items tab, is there a way we can get those to follow the group guildlines, (ie. can we get it to show only Shadow of the beanstalk weapons) without removing the offending modules from set up?

I don't remember if this has been posted already or if it is a major code under taking but if it hasn't I thought it might be worth putting forward. Much of this is greek to me so if it's not useful please ignore, but my hope is it will it help someone with more know how get colored dice built into the framework.
    https://community.fantasyflightgames...s-symbol-font/

Thanks again for all the hard work that is going into this!
    Last edited by Xarax; August 26th, 2020 at 22:29. Reason: additional wishlisting

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    • Are there plans and/or a way already to add successes/failures, advantage/threat, Triumph/Despair to a skill check?
    • Are there plans and/or a way to add Boost or setback dice to skill rolls permanently through use of special gear or abilities?
    • Are there plans and/or a way to get all fields to recognize the commands for symbols and dice (S)(F)(A)(T)(!)(D)[A][D][P][C][B][S]?
    • Also noticing that the current command symbols don't play well with letter that have diaeresis (the two dots over vowels).
    • I love the look of the armor weapons gear and vehicle weapons tabs in the items tab, is there a way we can get those to follow the group guildlines, (ie. can we get it to show only Shadow of the beanstalk weapons) without removing the offending modules from set up?

I don't remember if this has been posted already or if it is a major code under taking but if it hasn't I thought it might be worth putting forward. Much of this is greek to me so if it's not useful please ignore, but my hope is it will it help someone with more know how get colored dice built into the framework.

I am sure all those plans or better ones are in the works. Johniba is pull out all the stops on this one.

Like Sevrick said,

Yes, so I do have in the wishlist automations, allowing you to add results and dice to skill checks, and even automate some from talents, special abilities, or item properties.
    Those are on the low priority list. I will work on them once i get all the basics working, and the star wars ruleset running too.

As son as they have all functionality, i will improve on those quality of life and automations.

I will also do a review on fields so they can handle those special commands that show dice symbols and dice icons

I love the look of the armor weapons gear and vehicle weapons tabs in the items tab, is there a way we can get those to follow the group guildlines, (ie. can we get it to show only Shadow of the beanstalk weapons) without removing the offending modules from set up?
    I am not sure, I can look into it

About colored dice... i have looked into this but currently (at least) Fantasy Grounds is limited on how it handles fonts and colors in a field, so, we cannot have like a character in a color, and another in a different color. It would be really nice if they allowed this in the future, we could put this in their wishlist...

P.S.: Quick status update: I had to revamp the inventory window a bit, so it could have vehicles listed also.
    Characters can have vehicles now, but i am coding how it will activate a vehicle.

It is going a bit slow because of my work this week, but by the weekend hopefuly this is done

Means to vote for the color coded text has been added to Fantasy Ground's wishlist page. You can upvote this wish here:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134367

I found several entries in vehicles that require a bigger field for Encumbrance Capacity such as: Encumbrance Capacity: 80 (160 without passengers).

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I found several entries in vehicles that require a bigger field for Encumbrance Capacity such as: Encumbrance Capacity: 80 (160 without passengers).
    hmm ok

I will change that encumbrance field from numeric to string. The trouble is, you will have to edit your xml, remove that field from your vehicles already entered, and retype it later inside FG...

I will upload a new version of the ruleset, so you can work on that, later tonight

Means to vote for the color coded text has been added to Fantasy Ground's wishlist page. You can upvote this wish here:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134367
    Good idea, I have upvoted. I was thinking maybe we could rephrase that in the idea informer, so it could be more generic and make other people interested in other rulesets, to also want that feature

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Good idea, I have upvoted. I was thinking maybe we could rephrase that in the idea informer, so it could be more generic and make other people interested in other rulesets, to also want that feature
    Let me know what you would like it replaced with and I'll see about getting it changed.

Thread Information