STAR TREK 2d20
Page 63 of 282 First ... 1353616263646573113163 ... Last
    ignore this post... duplicated

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    NEW RELEASE (AGAIN) August 13

- Special Abilities database: you can now create a database of special abilities
    - Species/Archetype database: added Special Abilities. You can create the abilities directly in the Species/Archetype record (if you do not think it will be reused), or drag an existing Special Ability from the database...

Please note:
    For now, when you drag a Species/Archetype into a character/npc, the special abilities that exist in this Species/Archetype is not automatically added, you need to drag them into the sheet (i wil make this automatic later)
    For now also, I do not intent to create any automations for career skills, non career skills etca associated to a Species/Archetype...
    Maybe in the future we can do this, but it is a low priority at the moment so Sevrick, you can update your modules and add Abilities to each Species/Archetype

For GMs that will later update their data with full description, please see the attached example, for how I suggest you do it.

Attachment 38528

As always, you can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Sounds good I will start adding careers and adding species abilities.

@Johniba a request, and i don't know how difficult this would be to add but it would be helpful for a campaign I am trying to run to be able to have attachments able to be equipped to gear. Don't know if the rules typically don't allow for that, or if they do and it's just an oversite but having the option might be helpful. Thanks again for all you are doing with this project.

I am working on the special abilities. I had planned to just add the special abilties that pertain to species. But was wondering if people would like to have all the abilities that appear on NPCs there as well or if that would clutter up things? They would have to slightly be reworded since each instance is likely to have the name of the npc it be longs too in it.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 13th, 2020 at 21:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @Johniba a request, and i don't know how difficult this would be to add but it would be helpful for a campaign I am trying to run to be able to have attachments able to be equipped to gear. Don't know if the rules typically don't allow for that, or if they do and it's just an oversite but having the option might be helpful. Thanks again for all you are doing with this project.
    It would not be difficult at all.... i could enable it

The core rulebook has this to say about gears and attachments, but i guess i can enable it...

What about Gear?
    These rules primarily cover weapon and armor customization, but not customizing other types of gear. This is mostly a matter of resources.
    Gear covers such a wide category of items that you could spend a whole book creating different attachments that could end up on different everyday items. Also, since most roleplaying
    games tend to focus a bit more on combat, you’re probably going to care more about customizing your favorite sword than your favorite canteen.

I need to add wifi to my canteen

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Since it is a rather niche thing you could add it to one of the optional things you could change in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Since it is a rather niche thing you could add it to one of the optional things you could change in the settings.
    Good idea

Something I noticed is that you can't drag an attachment into your inventory. This would be helpful since all attachments you have won't always be on a weapon or armor. Is there a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Something I noticed is that you can't drag an attachment into your inventory. This would be helpful since all attachments you have won't always be on a weapon or armor. Is there a way to fix this?
    I think i can, i will put this on my list

Thread Information