FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 61 of 282 First ... 1151596061626371111161 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Ok the Settings button should be there now.

Bug
    When checking a minion group skill I get this error:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_miniongenesys.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value

I think i have fixed it... please download the new version of the ruleset...

Thanks for the button!

Making your own libraries
    Step 6: These are the entries you are going to add descriptions to. However you do it, it doesn't mater copy and pasting from the pdf is how I do it. Note when doing this there will be weird line breaks when this happens just select all the text you copied and press Ctr-J. That will remove your line breaks and you just have to separate the paragraphs.
    ctrl-J has changed so much, thanks for the heads up on this! this whole walk through was very helpful. Thanks Sevrick.

@johniba and @sevrick thank you for all your doing to make this project happen!

@Sevrick just a heads up: noticed that your Genesys Core Rulebook is missing all the Magical Implements items on page 219. If there is a way, and you can tell me how, i'll share my version of them.
    Last edited by Xarax; August 10th, 2020 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    @Sevrick just a heads up: noticed that your Genesys Core Rulebook is missing all the Magical Implements items on page 219. If there is a way, and you can tell me how, i'll share my version of them.
    Good catch. It will add them when I get off work thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    ctrl-J has changed so much, thanks for the heads up on this! this whole walk through was very helpful. Thanks Sevrick.

@johniba and @sevrick thank you for all your doing to make this project happen!
    Yeah glad to help. I remember when I discovered ctr-j made things a whole lot easier.

Ok I add the missing magic implements to the Core Rulebook.

@johniba
    Update works thanks.
    Things of Note
    • I noticed that when you click the items button then the gear button to display all the gear related items it is missing the rarity category.
    • Possible changes to Secrets of the Crucible Extension: Replace AEmbercraft with Æmbercraft, and the other knowledge skills from Culture, Sience, AEmber, to Knowledge (Culture), Knowledge (Science), Knowledge (Æmber). This would make it more consistent with the other settings.
    • The tab Index seems to screw up after tabbing from "current wounds" to "w./Minion" when working on a minion npc sheet. (Nice work on the rest of indexing it helps me enter data a lot faster.)
    • You probubly have planed to do this but, it would be nice to show the number of ranks a talent has without having to open up the talent.

I know that is weird symbol but it seemed to work copying and pasting it in from the Secrets of the Crucible PDF. So you should be able to copy and paste it from this post.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 11th, 2020 at 00:27.

Ok I add the missing magic implements to the Core Rulebook.

@johniba
    Update works thanks.
    Things of Note
    • I noticed that when you click the items button then the gear button to display all the gear related items it is missing the rarity category.
    • Possible changes to Secrets of the Crucible Extension: Replace AEmbercraft with Æmbercraft, and the other knowledge skills from Culture, Sience, AEmber, to Knowledge (Culture), Knowledge (Science), Knowledge (Æmber). This would make it more consistent with the other settings.
    • The tab Index seems to screw up after tabbing from "current wounds" to "w./Minion" when working on a minion npc sheet. (Nice work on the rest of indexing it helps me enter data a lot faster.)
    • You probubly have planed to do this but, it would be nice to show the number of ranks a talent has without having to open up the talent.

I know that is weird symbol but it seemed to work copying and pasting it in from the Secrets of the Crucible PDF. So you should be able to copy and paste it from this post.

ok i will fix those things

Now about AEmber.... i need to check if the ruleset's fonts have the correct character, i tried copy and pasting from the pdf books and it did not work, that is why i typed AE into my code editor... i will see what i can do

EDIT: ok i tried again, the way the ruleset codes text from xml/lua is different from when the text is read from the database xml and it just screws up
    For now unfortunatelly i will leave it as "AE", but i fixed the knowledge skills..

I uploaded the new extension version

EDIT 2: Fixed:

I noticed that when you click the items button then the gear button to display all the gear related items it is missing the rarity category.
    The tab Index seems to screw up after tabbing from "current wounds" to "w./Minion" when working on a minion npc sheet. (Nice work on the rest of indexing it helps me enter data a lot faster.)
    Please download the new ruleset version

I will see if i can implement adding the number rank of the talent soon, to the sheet
    Last edited by johniba; August 11th, 2020 at 03:31.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    ok i will fix those things

Now about AEmber.... i need to check if the ruleset's fonts have the correct character, i tried copy and pasting from the pdf books and it did not work, that is why i typed AE into my code editor... i will see what i can do

EDIT: ok i tried again, the way the ruleset codes text from xml/lua is different from when the text is read from the database xml and it just screws up
    For now unfortunatelly i will leave it as "AE", but i fixed the knowledge skills..

I uploaded the new extension version

EDIT 2: Fixed:

Please download the new ruleset version

I will see if i can implement adding the number rank of the talent soon, to the sheet
    That is fine as far as the AE things. If you can do it awesome , if not no real big loss.

I did notice you added a special column in the gear section. I was wondering what you need it for on gear. I could be wrong and missed somthing, but I don't think you will have any gear with weapon qualities.

I have been working on some exciting stuff as far as tables and story templates go in Secrets of the Crucible. You when I am done you should be able roll up a random species and populate all the rolls on to one story sheet. When the abilties Library is done I can add links to all the randomly rolled stats. Something that wasnt possible with the old version of FG.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 11th, 2020 at 15:55.

That is fine as far as the AE things. If you can do it awesome , if not no real big loss.

I did notice you added a special column in the gear section. I was wondering what you need it for on gear. I could be wrong and missed somthing, but I don't think you will have any gear with weapon qualities.

I have been working on some exciting stuff as far as tables and story templates go in Secrets of the Crucible. You when I am done you should be able roll up a random species and populate all the rolls on to one story sheet. When the abilties Library is done I can add links to all the randomly rolled stats. Something that wasnt possible with the old version of FG.

That's really cool!

@Johniba Question about how the items work regarding Hard points: I've been working on adding some campaign specific gear that has hard point attachments but I can't seem to get the gear to display any kind of hard point counter. It's easy enough to just add the number of hard points available on one of the empty fields but I am wondering if I was just missing something or of that's just not a feature.

Also sometimes, (and strangely enough only sometimes I end up getting this error message when I set up links to Item attachments in the item dialogue box.

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (item_attachment : item_attachment.id-00037)
    Typically Deleting and reapplying it to the item makes it work again.

Thanks again for all your doing with this!
    Last edited by Xarax; August 11th, 2020 at 19:42.

Thread Information