STAR TREK 2d20
Page 53 of 282 First ... 343515253545563103153 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Not sure if you know or not but when creating a character in FGU, the character sheet is completely blank with no box or tabs except the name and a few other fields. I know Unity is secondary just thought I would mention it since it is a really big issue for Unity.

I also had an idea for the skill section. You could have a button that cycles the skills and the way they are arranged, like how you did for the Actions tab. For example maybe have a button that says "All" which shows all the skills in alphabetical order. "Grouped" Shows the skills separated into General, social, combat, and Knowledge. "Ranked/Group Skilled" Shows only skills that the npc has ranks or group skills as in the case of minions. Just some ideas I had floating around.

Edit: I also have been adding abilities to the actions tab and am seeing the possibilities. Like adding Skill vs Skill to the radial menu. I know it like dnd they have a target where it lets FG know where you are targeting your spell/ability. It could then get the ranks of the target and upgrade the current spell. It seems rather complicated though. As I am adding more and more NPCs I am noticing a lot of Skill vs Skill abilities in there stat block.
    Hmm, I have tested it on Unity, actually just tested again, and i dont have that issue with the character sheet

Are you on the LIVE version, or TEST? Please dont use test, it is too unstable, and changes too many times on a week, and i cannot garantee it will work there
    Can you check if you are on live version?

About the skills tab, i will try to make it work like you said, it would be very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hmm, I have tested it on Unity, actually just tested again, and i dont have that issue with the character sheet

Are you on the LIVE version, or TEST? Please dont use test, it is too unstable, and changes too many times on a week, and i cannot garantee it will work there
    Can you check if you are on live version?

About the skills tab, i will try to make it work like you said, it would be very nice indeed
    Ok I found out what the problem was I had a campaign made a long time ago with this rule set and must have had issues, so I deleted it and made a new campaign with the ruleset and now it works fine. Also I do use the live version.

Quick update for the day:
    - I managed to add the Dicepool Tracker window into the ruleset... it works just like the one in the Star Wars ruleset, showing dicepools from all players.

It is still not looking very good, but it works. I will see if i can make it look better later.

I will be releasing this feature in a few days, once i finish some other parts of the ruleset (improvement to race database record, vehicles database and player vehicles)

Awesome, makes my life so much easier as a gm. Awesome

NEW RELEASE - FGClassic and FGUnity compatible

(This version was tested with the latest LIVE version of FGUnity.)

I am still working on features in the Species, Career records, and also the Vehicle features.
    Altough they are not ready I worked on several features so I thought of releasing this version!

RELEASE NOTES July 31st

1 - Combat Tracker:
    A lot of new features here!
    - Combat tracker for GMs now display: Wounds Threshold/Current, Strain Threshold/Current, Defense (Melee/Ranged), and Soak, and if npc it will display category (minion, rival, nemesis)
    - You can now drop Damage, Critical Damage directly on a pc/npc in the combat tracker!
    This feature also works for map tokens
    I have not added any details for the Player's Combat Tracker. Let me know if you guys think we should add something there....

2 - Critical Damage
    - If you drop critical damage on a Minion, it will no longer receive a critical. It will instead receive one minion's worth of damage (killing a minion on the group), like Genesys Core rules...

3 - Dice Pool Tracker
    - Dice Pool Tracker is now available!
    With the Dice Pool Tracker window, Players and GM can see a list of everyone's Dice Pool in real time.
    This is a familiar feature from those that are used to the Star Wars Ruleset, and I implemented it now on Genesys
    For now, it is always available to players, I will later add an Option so the GM can enable/disable to players...
    Also notice, if the GM selects "Hide Dice pool" in his/her dicebox, the GM dice pool will not display to players.

How to open Dice Pool Tracker: right click with your mouse on the Dicebox, and select "Dicepool Tracker"
    (p.s.: The Dice Pool Tracker is not looking very nice now, I will improve the whole ruleset appearance soon, and will work on this)

As always the new version can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing
    Last edited by johniba; July 31st, 2020 at 21:05.

Awesome. I am looking forward to testing this out. Still working on Libraries I am done with Genesys core, and Expanded Players guide, and am getting close to finishing up Realms of Terrinoth.

*Edit
    Just noticed the Column after Soak in the combat tracker has no displayed name for the npcs being Minion, Rival, or Nemesis.

Also those of you looking for the dice pool tracker, right click the dice pool bar and select Dicepool Tracker.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 1st, 2020 at 01:40.

Awesome. I am looking forward to testing this out. Still working on Libraries I am done with Genesys core, and Expanded Players guide, and am getting close to finishing up Realms of Terrinoth.
    I will see that i finish species and career database and release it so you can have a go.

Just some things I noticed
    • Just noticed the Column after Soak in the combat tracker has no displayed name for the npcs being Minion, Rival, or Nemesis.
    • Looking at the skills database the filter for "Name" seems out of place. Category or Characteristic may be more suitable.
    • When selecting a skill there is no indicator of it being selected.

Also those of you looking for the dice pool tracker, right click the dice pool bar and select Dicepool Tracker.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 1st, 2020 at 02:06.

Just some things I noticed
    • Just noticed the Column after Soak in the combat tracker has no displayed name for the npcs being Minion, Rival, or Nemesis.
    • Looking at the skills database the filter for "Name" seems out of place. Category or Characteristic may be more suitable.
    • When selecting a skill there is no indicator of it being selected.
    Thanks

Just made a note to remind me to fix that

So I got a question. While adding NPCs I noticed that some NPC stats say they have for example a sword, as one of their attacks. Now the stat block doesn't give any information other than it's damage, crit, and Special. For the most part the damage lines up with the stat block if I just add the weapon to the inventory. However some NPCs, such as the Assassin has the Precision talent. This allows for the ability to change the characteristic the cunning instead of brawn when using the Melee (Light) skill.

So I guess I am saying the items need a new category, "Characteristic". You could have it auto select the appropriate char when you enter the skill, but allow for it to be changed. This would also be needed for star wars, IE Lightsaber styles.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 2nd, 2020 at 04:33.

Thread Information